• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery must be running on Black Magic

I think my Battery just hit a turning point in its life.

For whatever reason I got exceptionally good battery life yesterday. I had it unplugged for 20 hours and it was only down to 52% Remaining by the time I was going to bed. Usually, I only get maybe 18-20 Hours with 10-20% left. My usage was if anything higher than usual too throughout the day. Listening to music/videos/texting/emailing/testing apps for a fair bit of the day.

The only thing I did differently that morning was unplug it like normal (when I woke up and it was at 100)%, then plug it back in about 10 seconds later for another 5 Minutes before heading out the door. Would that have caused this peculiarity in my battery consistency ??

Sometimes this fools it into charging the battery a bit more (100% isn't actually 100%, its less). Usually you have to power off to do this, but maybe it worked for you when on.

Try it again and see how long it stays at 100% for... When I calibrate in this way, I usually stay on 100% for what would normally be 5%. In otherwords, my battery is at 105%

Reactions: MDesire2010
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones