Battery not as good after a year?Accessories

Last Updated: 2012-04-28 09:58:05
  1. steve6884

steve6884 Well-Known Member

I think I have had the captivate for about a year. It seems like recently the battery has been dying a lot faster then it used to. Is it unusual for a battery to start to wear out after a year? Any idea how much a replacement battery would be? I have 2 extra batteries that I bought on ebay and those are fine as backups but they dont last as long as the battery that came with the phone

Advertisement
  2. conlee

conlee New Member

I have this one from amazon it seems to be just as good as the one that came with it you can check it out and not a bad price

$13.43

(OEM SAMSUNG OEM EB575152VA BATTERY)
  3. btswein

btswein Well-Known Member

Have you tried calibrating it?

Charge the phone to 100%, unplug it, turn it off, plug it back in, charge to 100%, unplug. Turn it back on, let it boot up, plug it back in until 100%. You should only have to do this once.
  4. steve6884

steve6884 Well-Known Member

Thanks but yes i have done that a few times over the year and recently. Just doesnt seem to be working as well anymore
  5. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Well-Known Member

Its certainly reasonable that the battery would be wearing out, after a year of use. Especially, something like a smartphone battery.

I bought these. 2 batteries and charger. Only had to plug my phone in a handful of times, since I got it. Always have a fully charged battery now. OEM is for whatever emergency might somehow strangely happen.

Anker 2 x 1800mAh Li-ion plus Charger for Samsung Captivate

Cost $13
    jbdan likes this.
  6. Drivespinners

Drivespinners Active Member

7. Darkangels6sic

Darkangels6sic Well-Known Member