battery not charging, plugged in all day!

Last Updated:

1. joeyv69ragtop

joeyv69ragtop Member This Topic's Starter

I've been keeping the phone plugged into the wall charger all night when I sleep, and by the time I hit lunch hour the battery is nearly dead. I've had it hooked up to my USB port for nearly 8 hours and the battery is still only 10%, and as i post this thread i got a message "Battery is low. the charging current is not enough for device power consumption. please switch to AC power" I nly have a USB cable here at the office.

is this low current USB the cause of poor charging? the phone is getting very warm too.

thanks.
    -Joe

Advertisement
  2. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Try a different port first. I had to re seat the cable on my work laptop before. Also, if you haven't done a hard reset, search the forum for how to's, and do that. That's helped quite a few people with battery life.

3. bdhcompany

bdhcompany New Member

I had this similar problem. Mine would say Discharging (Menu/Settings/about Phone/Battery...) Turn your phone off and let it charge. then power it back on after an hour see if that works. I brought mine into sprint and got a Replacement phone shipped over night. HW 0002 was having the Issue. new phone shipped with HW 0003.

4. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

well is it connected to your PC as Charge Only? you can tell by pulling down the notification bar while plugged in