• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery not charging

Hey.

I just bought mine the other day and when i woke up this morning the phone was burning and now it's not charging and not working at all because the battery is out. I had no apps running nor was I using it last night.

If you have an answer as to why this is happening please help?
Other than that im going to exchange it.

Upvote 0
Hello, I had to sign up and post this same issue here.... I am having the same problem I have had this phone for three months now and this just started happening recently and now it seems to be perment
I plugged my phone at 47% and i woke up after six hours and it is only at 60%.... it is not charging at about 1% per half an hour.... something is gotta be wrong with the battery... must be a defect... oh man didnt expect this to happen. Everything else about this phone was perfect to me. :(
Has anyone else contacted the manufacturer or the phone store you got it from?

Upvote 0
Guys, i have this problem with my Galaxy Note.

After keeping it on charge with the Supplied Adapter+USB cable overnight it would show 100% charge , but as soon as i remove it from charging, the battery shows 76%.

Infact , the same thing happened when i tried Mugen 5400mAH battery that i ordered. So it must be a problem with the phone.

What do you guys suggest be done in this case? I am thinking of replacing the phone in Warranty.

Upvote 0
If the phone is still under new replacement coverage, take it back. Lots of things can cause lack of charging, but it seems that the top two causes are 1) charger source isn't providing enough charge or 2) charging port may be defective.

1 shoudn't happen if you're using the charger that came with the phone and 2 can be a manufacturing defect or through a simple breakage of the usb port.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones