Battery not syncing/calibrating, tried for more than an hour

Last Updated:

1. hamzax7x

hamzax7x Member This Topic's Starter

There was a thread about htc telling us to charge the phone till green then turn it off and charge again till it hits green, i tried this method but the battery led would always go back to orange, i unplugged and repeated step two about 30 or 40 times

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Is the time between charges getting any better?

And you're sequencing :charge while on (green), power down, charge while off (green), power up/plug-swap, charge while on (green), power down...

And you're going to the power-down state IMMEDIATELTY after it shows green while on?

If you leave it on a while, it'll show green and 100% but it's really running off of the battery a bit at that point.

You're done when you power up from charge/green and it's immediately green.

3. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

you leave it powered off the whole time you're doing the plug in and wait for green process
    If it's still powered on you're never going to get an immediate green since it's always being drained even if only slightly

4. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. It has never worked. I called htc about it and they suggested that I go to sprint and have them trade out my battery. I did that and it still won't work. Htc also said if it did not work that it could be a lose wire in the phone itself and that I should exchange it. That I have not done. Not sure if it is worth it since the battery has been my only problem. You guys have any suggestions? What would yall do? Keep this phone or trade it out?

5. hamzax7x

hamzax7x Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, i charged it powered on till green, took off immediately, then powered down and charged till green like 30 times, but it still went back to orange. I can try earlymoons method

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Stumped. :(

7. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

I heard if you stand on your head while balancing you EVO on your right foot and holding your left hand in an outlet, you will get better battery life.

8. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

Lmao probably true!

9. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member

It's a problem with the phone, it will never truly sync until HTC fixes the problem. I have an external charger I use to charge the batteries out of the phone and they stay 100% for a long time but the same batteries when charged in the phone start dropping from 100% immediately and don't stop dropping til somehwere in the 80's % range. Of course I also get much longer battery life when I charge the batteries outside of the phone.

Really hope HTC fixes this as it is an annoying problem!