battery okGeneral

Last Updated:

1. arlrb

arlrb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Had 5 hours solid use off first charge, currently at 10% left - calls, texts, pictures, emails, loads of internet (3g not wifi). This might improve as battery conditions itself.

Loads of exploring too of course - personalising, settings, apps etc

Advertisement
  2. arlrb

Battery usage monitor says 40% was for the screen alone.

3. arlrb

Word of note...
    The battery is in the phone upon opening the box, it has a plastic wrapper on it to stop the contacts meeting (& accidentally discharging i suppose). However, i've seen a few where the plastic wrapper comes off the battery, & stays in the phone, as you pull it out.
    This isn't always obvious & when you put the battery back in (thinking what wrapper) you push the wrapper in & it gets lodged = phone no work.
    You'll then have to fish it out with tweezers.

4. eozen81

eozen81 Well-Known Member

As I was afraid of, my nightmares are becoming true as I read users' review about battery. :confused:

A quote from user from other platforms :

5. cliche guevara

cliche guevara Well-Known Member

It takes a few charge cycles for the battery to settle down and begin to give optimal performance, so I don;t think we can eally judge it for a week or so.

6. arlrb

It's not amazing, just decent. On a par with the iphone4 I'm told (on my friends say so). But at least I can carry a spare battery if I think it might be one of those days (under

7. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

If you didn't expect the phone to be power hungry then you live in the dream world.

It's ok reading users reviews of battery, but end of the day, its down to how the end user physically uses it...You don't know how well charged up it was, we don't know if wifi was kept on along with GPS, etc...Really is flawed part of anyones review.

Yep.

8. MrPie

MrPie Well-Known Member

Totally agree with cliche Guevara. It takes around 5-6 recharges for the battery to work as it's supposed to. And this is for every phone. Don't listen to what reviewers say. They are too impatient! ;)

9. eozen81

eozen81 Well-Known Member

No I am not in dream world, HTC is :) Cause they downsized the battery by claiming cpu will be much more productive compared to Desire. But due to some reviews and user's performance it looks like HTC will be in dreamworld :D

Also keep in mind that users have been using this device more than 5-6 days now (Especially in Holland)

10. naths

naths Well-Known Member

It will take a few charge,discharge fully cycles for the battery to optimize,my standard desire was awful when i first got it,and after a few weeks it almost doubled in life,just make sure you follow the optomizing procedure...;)

11. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

HTC can claim the battery to be more productive, but end of the day, its how the user uses the phone.

My Hero took a good week and half for it to properly sort out battery wise.

12. arlrb

The user manual doesn't appear to be pre-loaded on the phone. There was a link to a site i could download it from on a thread, but i can't remember which. Can anyone help?
    Someone also mentioned the 'new' battery procedure, is this simply charge fully & run down fully several times?

Ps - no manual on the HTC website

13. arlrb

Manual found. Doesn't find it in search, but if you open Adobe reader it's there.

14. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

my desire lasted about 3 hours for the first few days and it slowly crept up and up - now I easily get over a day with services off/as required settings.

Give it time and it will be all good I'm sure. I can't imagine HTC would have made a phone with a smaller battery than the desire if they werent sure the new processor was more efficient.

15. ladyemero

ladyemero Member

I charged the battery up properly around lunchtime Wednesday I got the phone Tuesday late afternoon)

I was configuring everything, email, listening to music, adding contacts chatting on skype, browsing various websites, though didn't make many calls, been using the wifi at work, other connections to and from work and wifi at home
    It gave me a 15% warning about 8pm last night, I'd been faffing with it most of the day

Today I've not really used it much apart from listening to music and checking my email and general tweaking about with it earlier and the battery is 3/4 full and it's been off charge for about 5 hours.
    I have wifi on and it's just on standby at the moment.
    I'll let it discharge completely and charge it up a few times to make sure, though I've done that with any phone I've had in the past anyway.

16. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Direct from the DHD manual:

"... The battery is partially charged when shipped. Before you turn on and start using your phone, it is recommended that you charge the battery. Some batteries perform best after several full charge/discharge cycles. ..."

Note that they're hedging their bets regarding the best way to start off ....

I do try to use the phone until fully discharged (which is 5% left I believe) though that is really a hangover from NiCd days. I think my mate has the best idea. Charge when needed but about once per month fully discharge/charge it..... Though reading forum (any forum!) advice on batteries throws up as many opinions as there are posts ... Ho hum ...

Dave

Dave