• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Battery Options (Recs Please??)

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum (hello!) and love my Evo. I got it last October and I've never loved a phone as much as I do this one. The huge negative (as all of you know) is the horrible battery. I plug my phone in at night, and unplug it around 8AM when I get up. With even minimal use, it's down to about 10% around 8PM (12 hours) and dead by 9PM. This is with no 4g and very little GPS, no streaming etc - you all know the story.

So I want a new battery. I hate the look of the Sedio one, and the chinese ones from Ebay kind of scare me. I found two on Amazon that are cheap and look promising. Does anyone have any experience with them?

First: Brandless, ships from Texas
Amazon.com: HTC Evo 4G 3500mAh Extended Battery + Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories

Second: Acase Brand
Amazon.com: Acase 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery + Cover for HTC EVO 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

They are both 3500 mah (or so they say).

I am a bit perplexed by your stating that you hate the look of the Seidio one, yet you link others that are essentially the same thing? Are you sure you aren't simply liking the PRICE more? /confused :thinking:

I have no experience with those other companies, but I do know many people complaining that the knockoffs don't give them any extended juice (I just posted in another forum where the person was saying they were getting 6 hours out of a 3500mah eBay battery). Not saying these products you have linked are "knock-offs" per se, but at less than half the retail of a tride and true Sedio, I would be skeptical at the very least.

Upvote 0
I am a bit perplexed by your stating that you hate the look of the Seidio one, yet you link others that are essentially the same thing? Are you sure you aren't simply liking the PRICE more? /confused :thinking:

The Seidio one has a strange back on it. It looks like a square jutting out. The others tend to have a more sloped back to them, it looks more natural.

Regardless - it no longer matters. I just called and complained to Sprint about the crappy battery life. They are sending me the extended Sprint-brand Evo battery (2600 mah) for free. Yay :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones