• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery or charger problem?

Miguel92

Lurker
Dec 15, 2016
I own a samsung S6 and of late the charge has been going quite insane. I will charge it while it's off, but it will take a while during the 90's charging range (say 95%) to get to 100%. But i will leave it for an hour or so to charge a bit longer, but when i turn it on it says 92%. Then it will take forever once again while not being used to reach 100 and i'm really baffled. Any help will be very appreciated and thank you.

Try another charger and cable.

The bigger charger the better, but the cable must be of good quality, not the crap that looks thin and fashionable.

If nothing of those could help, maybe the battery has a problem. I have a HTC phone, 2 out of its 5 batteries would read the voltage incorrectly, I charge it to 100% but it dropped to 89% as soon as I pull the charging cable out, it does like that even when it's brand new.

Upvote 0
I am currently using the factory charger that came with the phone, but the wire has gone a green/yellow colour and it's quite knotted now, so i am not sure if that would be a problem as well. Also, the prongs on the charger look very scorched so i might change the charger actually. And i charge it via a plug, well an extension lead to be exact but of late the charge has been working but i know that won't last long at all lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones