Battery or phone bad?Support

1. u7cappy

u7cappy New Member

Mistakenly left Bluetooth and GPS on for a couple hours today which completely killed my battery for the first time. Had this phone since September of 2012. Every night since I bought the motion it has been plugged in overnight for 6-8 hours.

First problem I've had with my motion. Tried multiple chargers, trying a different battery tomorrow.

When I plug it in the bottom 3 lights just flash.

For the night, should I remove the battery for 8 hours, or leave it plugged in for 8 hours? Or is my phone / battery just fried?

Advertisement
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

I would say leave it plugged in for a little bit before trying to turn it on.

My old s2 and my s3 has this problem. If it dies on its own, it needs to charge a bit before it's able to power on.
  3. u7cappy

u7cappy New Member

While connected to my computer for charging, windows keeps detecting it, and a minute later it acts as though its unplugged. The phone is still off, not sure what windows is thinking.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

How about plugging it into the wall as computer chargers it much slower than ac charger.
  5. I usually charge my phone for all night and it does nothing to my phone.I don't think this is the problem.
  6. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Well-Known Member

This, use the OEM charger. A USB 2.0 port from a PC won't be able to charge the phone if it's dead.
  7. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Don't charge from the computer, charge from the wall with the charger that came with the phone...
  8. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

Or, get one of the external stand alone chargers that just take the badry. Those eliminate any charging monitoring actions happening inside the phone.

I had one of those with a spare badry for my Droid Xs. Nice to have for when the factory chargers USB or charger itself goes TU and you want to shop for a good deal on a new one instead of paying xtree 'cause you Have to Have One Now.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  9. icyboyice

icyboyice Well-Known Member

My battery used to be really good when I first got it... Now it is extremely bad ... always dying...I've bought some extra batteries from amazon ...but that isn't the point...I've tried various ROMs/setups/etc ... it always says that android os is taking the most battery:(