• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery or phone causing quick drain?

JRiedisser

Jul 21, 2010
So I have had my phone since before launch and I have noticed the battery drain as others have but here is my question. Do you think it is the battery or the phone?

If I can go to the store and just get a new battery that would be nice because I have rooted and customized and downloaded apps and if it is the battery that is causing the problem it would be so much more convenient to get a new battery.

Thoughts?

do a little test.... before bed charge your phone until green led appears, reboot/power off and then on while still hooked up to charge. In the morning compare your up time to your awake time, make sure their not the same.

I would guess its customization and Apps that may be draining the battery. I upgraded my phone to the 1800 slim battery because i didn't want the phone to increase in size with a thicker extended battery.

You can also check your Apps in the MANAGE APPLICATIONS SETTING on your phone.

Upvote 0

How did you know that one would work with the Captivate? Are there certain things to look for? I'm new to having a phone where I actually have battery options (damn iPhones :p)

EDIT: I just looked at the one you were talking about from the site you linked... from the pictures it doesn't even look the same shape as the Samsung battery in my Captivate. Also the contacts are different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones