battery or phone causing quick drain?

Last Updated:

1. JRiedisser

JRiedisser Member This Topic's Starter

So I have had my phone since before launch and I have noticed the battery drain as others have but here is my question. Do you think it is the battery or the phone?

If I can go to the store and just get a new battery that would be nice because I have rooted and customized and downloaded apps and if it is the battery that is causing the problem it would be so much more convenient to get a new battery.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

do a little test.... before bed charge your phone until green led appears, reboot/power off and then on while still hooked up to charge. In the morning compare your up time to your awake time, make sure their not the same.

I would guess its customization and Apps that may be draining the battery. I upgraded my phone to the 1800 slim battery because i didn't want the phone to increase in size with a thicker extended battery.

You can also check your Apps in the MANAGE APPLICATIONS SETTING on your phone.

3. danbee46

danbee46 Member

Where did you buy the 1800 battery?

4. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

5. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member

How did you know that one would work with the Captivate? Are there certain things to look for? I'm new to having a phone where I actually have battery options (damn iPhones :p)

EDIT: I just looked at the one you were talking about from the site you linked... from the pictures it doesn't even look the same shape as the Samsung battery in my Captivate. Also the contacts are different.