battery overheated from just charging?Support

Last Updated:

1. soymilk

soymilk Member This Topic's Starter

i woke up this morning to find that my inc was pretty hot (left plugged in overnight to charge), and had not charged much (it only got to ~60% starting from 30ish). it also had the overheating warning blinking lights (alternate green and amber) going. i unplugged the phone and the blinking lights stopped and it cooled back down. when it was hot BatteryLeft was reporting 45C, right now it feels normal and reports 31.5C.

should i be worried? all i did was plug it in and leave it on my desk like i normally do when charging, this is the first time it's ever done this for me.

Advertisement
  2. BigSlick

BigSlick Active Member

I have EcoCharger installed on my phone which reminds you to take your phone off the charger and also lets you know the temp. My phone always gets real hot when i either play Homerun Battle 3D, use my GPS, and especially when I use my GPS when its plugged in! It never did what your saying though. Occasionally it will get hot just from being plugged in also.

3. soymilk

whoops sorry for wrong forum.

leaving it plugged in overnight to charge has been my standard practice though with no problems, so i dont know why it's just this time out of nowhere it decided to overheat and not really charge instead.

4. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Something was using the battery pretty hard. Some app in the background or something. If it only got up to 60% while charging, you had something dragging it down.

Is this the OEM charger? You sure Google maps or something power intensive wasn't running in the background?

5. soymilk

nothing that i know of was running.

last night it recharged fine. although the battery seems to be draining faster than it used to now, i've dropped over 20% already from unplugging in the morning and it's only 2pm now. ill need to look into some of those monitoring apps that tell you what's using up your battery.