• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Overheating

Had the DINC on the charger overnight. This morning I noticed the LED blinking alternating green and orange...battery and phone were also red hot. After reading the LED's do indicate overheating.

Any ideas what would cause this? Should I be concerned...first time it has ever done this.

Took battery out and letting the phone cool off right now.

Did not change anything on the phone recently other than install and remove a couple apps. Also added Handcent messaging, but that of course should have nothing at all to do with it.

Thanks!

Had the DINC on the charger overnight. This morning I noticed the LED blinking alternating green and orange...battery and phone were also red hot. After reading the LED's do indicate overheating.

Any ideas what would cause this? Should I be concerned...first time it has ever done this.

Took battery out and letting the phone cool off right now.

Did not change anything on the phone recently other than install and remove a couple apps. Also added Handcent messaging, but that of course should have nothing at all to do with it.

Thanks!
I suppose you to post this thread in the troubleshooting forum so you will get a quicker response and also your may have been answered already in that forum. Just scroll through the list of threads and see if you can find it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones