Battery percentage used by callsSupport

Last Updated:

1. omatix

omatix Active Member This Topic's Starter

I hope you can help me out by chiming in on this.

I've been using my phone a bit, and it looks like my battery goes down by about 10-12% for every 15 minutes I'm on a call. Is this normal? It seems like my battery isn't lasting anywhere near as long as it should. Extrapolating those figures out, you'd be looking at 150 minutes (2h 30m) of call time per charge - way below the quoted time (7h on 3G). Additionally, I seem to be able to lose about 10% of my battery just browsing the web for 10 minutes over 3G.

I have GPS off, but WiFi and sync on.

Are you all getting significantly better than this?

Advertisement
  2. T-Mobile

T-Mobile Active Member

my battery life seems to be the same, i'm desperately trying to track my battery usage with battery % logs, cpu monitors, memory monitors, trying different variables like turning all sync gps off and dimming brightness...

I'm new to android from a blackberry so I know my battery life expectations are high. However starting at 8am, with light use, a few calls, few checked emails, my battery is usually <20% by 5pm. I keep wondering if it's some random app I installed (like photoshop) or if it's the sync that takes the most life, or what the deal is. If battery life was mpg, I feel like I went from driving a prius to driving a hummer.

3. mm81

mm81 Member

I have the same issue. I do not know what to do. After being unplugged for 4 hours, using it for about 30 minutes (the screen usage said), it was down to 38%! Seriously? I didn't even have GPS running. I don't get it. I know that I'll have to be near an outlet if I am going to keep this thing...