• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Percentage

battery status does what you want...I use it.

Screen shot
0cfe29b8.png

Upvote 0
That's still not what I'm asking for, I'm asking for ON TOP OF or NEXT TO the battery icon on the right side of the notification bar. Every app I have found is either a widget, or displays it as a general notification instead of as part of the system notifications. I'm wondering if theres any kind of mod for root users or anything that could change this?

Upvote 0
That's still not what I'm asking for, I'm asking for ON TOP OF or NEXT TO the battery icon on the right side of the notification bar.
You didn't state on the right side to begin with, you just said next to. Next to means next to, not next to on the right. Good luck finding what you asked the second time around...
Is there anyway to get the battery percentage on top of or somewhere next to the battery icon in the status bar?

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I thought it would be clear enough by saying next to. Generally next to implies right next to something, not across the screen.
I can see where that 3" is a killer strain to move ones eye.

I live "next to" my neighbor, but I guess by your definition the 500' between us means I don't live "next to" him??? Oh, I live "next to" one on the right and left also!

Upvote 0
It's not the space per say that bothers me, I'd just like it away from the notification area right there to free up space. Once you get a couple emails, texts, and such there is no longer room to display all the notifications on the status bar so you get the little icon sayings theres more. It's not a big problem, it's just something I was looking for to see if theres a mod for it.

Upvote 0
Well. I can at least promise you this. Most people will never try and help you again. Well done.

I don't mean for it to sound rude, but seriously,.

But you WERE rude. And stuff just happens. We are not Robots. See how many thanks I have? Much of my time here is devoted to helping folks. But I am not perfect, I screw a post up occasionally.

But to react the way you did? Just wrong. Suggest just apologizing for it and we can move on.

Upvote 0
battery status does what you want...I use it.

Screen shot
Deleted Screen shot

Does this app consume any more Battery? This is my first time back to Android Since i had the Moto Droid, then the Eris (then i went to a blackberry) And now i have a Evo. Anyway i do remember certain battery status apps actually drained the battery even more.

So i'm curious if you noticed any battery performance loss since you've installed this?

Upvote 0
Does this app consume any more Battery? This is my first time back to Android Since i had the Moto Droid, then the Eris (then i went to a blackberry) And now i have a Evo. Anyway i do remember certain battery status apps actually drained the battery even more.

So i'm curious if you noticed any battery performance loss since you've installed this?

I'm not sure about that app, but Battery Indicator, as far as I can tell, does not drain the battery. They look to be the same, besides the graphics.

Upvote 0
WOW! I just have to say, I'm with the OP.

Senior member comes in, briefly scans the post and answers with the exact app mentioned in the original post. Then you try to blast the OP for not having patience?
Maybe we should all take a little more care of what we are posting and the threads wouldn't cause such headaches trying to sift through the useful information. I for one knew and understood exactly what the OP was inquiring about, course I did read his entire question before moving on.

And I am not burning anyone, but I think the OP deserves a little defense here based on the side of logic.

Upvote 0

Senior member comes in, briefly scans the post and answers with the exact app mentioned in the original post. Then you try to blast the OP for not having patience?
Maybe we should all take a little more care of what we are posting and the threads wouldn't cause such headaches trying to sift through the useful information. I for one knew and understood exactly what the OP was inquiring about, course I did read his entire question before moving on.

And I am not burning anyone, but I think the OP deserves a little defense here based on the side of logic.
ok i understand where i was wrong in this and i admit that, its just how he responded to it.

Upvote 0
ok i understand where i was wrong in this and i admit that, its just how he responded to it.

Well +1 to you for owning up. I think his response is a matter of perspective, I am a pragmatic person and to me I see his replies as simply trying to outline WHERE you guys MISSED what he ASKED about.

See, I mean no aggression, just trying to highlight the key points. anyway, you guys have fun.

Upvote 0

I could be wrong.. have been in the past.. but I learned that if you go in somewhere asking for help on something.. the last thing you do is blast the person that's trying to help you, especially when its an honest mistake... maybe its just wisdom on my part I don't know... It actually took me reading it again to catch that he had battery indicator....

Maybe a response such as, "sorry, I've already tried that one, but I'm looking for one that indicates % on top of the stock indicator" ... see how I deflected and restated my initial question?

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones