Battery PercentageSupport

Last Updated:

1. Emrys

Emrys Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to get the battery percentage on top of or somewhere next to the battery icon in the status bar? I use Battery Indicator right now, but I'd rather have it on the battery icon like the iPhone has it. It's kinda hard to believe a smartphone wouldn't have an option to display the battery percentage.

Advertisement
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

3. Emrys

If you would reread my post, you'd see I already mentioned I'm using Battery Indicator. If you would of paid even more attention you'd see thats not what I'm asking for. Thanks anyways though.

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

ovdevil and lite blue like this.
  5. Emrys

That's still not what I'm asking for, I'm asking for ON TOP OF or NEXT TO the battery icon on the right side of the notification bar. Every app I have found is either a widget, or displays it as a general notification instead of as part of the system notifications. I'm wondering if theres any kind of mod for root users or anything that could change this?

6. ScorpDX

You didn't state on the right side to begin with, you just said next to. Next to means next to, not next to on the right. Good luck finding what you asked the second time around...

7. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

For a nitpicky question like that I would think you might want to try having a little patience with people who took their time to at least try and help you....

KENNECTED likes this.
  8. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Well. I can at least promise you this. Most people will never try and help you again. Well done.

9. Emrys

I'm sorry, I thought it would be clear enough by saying next to. Generally next to implies right next to something, not across the screen. Especially considering I'm already using an app that does display a notification in the status bar already.

10. THEFORCE

+1

11. Emrys

I don't mean for it to sound rude, but seriously, why would someone post in a topic to answer a question without reading the post? He suggested the exact same app that I already mentioned I had installed.

12. ScorpDX

I can see where that 3" is a killer strain to move ones eye.

I live "next to" my neighbor, but I guess by your definition the 500' between us means I don't live "next to" him??? Oh, I live "next to" one on the right and left also!

13. Emrys

It's not the space per say that bothers me, I'd just like it away from the notification area right there to free up space. Once you get a couple emails, texts, and such there is no longer room to display all the notifications on the status bar so you get the little icon sayings theres more. It's not a big problem, it's just something I was looking for to see if theres a mod for it.

14. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

But you WERE rude. And stuff just happens. We are not Robots. See how many thanks I have? Much of my time here is devoted to helping folks. But I am not perfect, I screw a post up occasionally.

But to react the way you did? Just wrong. Suggest just apologizing for it and we can move on.

15. certifiedfryguy

certifiedfryguy Active Member

Does this app consume any more Battery? This is my first time back to Android Since i had the Moto Droid, then the Eris (then i went to a blackberry) And now i have a Evo. Anyway i do remember certain battery status apps actually drained the battery even more.

So i'm curious if you noticed any battery performance loss since you've installed this?

16. ScorpDX

I haven't noticed any difference from this one in the notification bar. I did have one as a widget on the homescreen for awhile that used up some battery. This one doesn't even show up on the battery usage screen being that it uses so little.

17. certifiedfryguy

certifiedfryguy Active Member

Exactly what i'm looking for then.

Thanks!

18. Emrys

I'm not sure about that app, but Battery Indicator, as far as I can tell, does not drain the battery. They look to be the same, besides the graphics.

19. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

WOW! I just have to say, I'm with the OP.

Senior member comes in, briefly scans the post and answers with the exact app mentioned in the original post. Then you try to blast the OP for not having patience?
    Maybe we should all take a little more care of what we are posting and the threads wouldn't cause such headaches trying to sift through the useful information. I for one knew and understood exactly what the OP was inquiring about, course I did read his entire question before moving on.

And I am not burning anyone, but I think the OP deserves a little defense here based on the side of logic.

20. THEFORCE

ok i understand where i was wrong in this and i admit that, its just how he responded to it.

21. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Well +1 to you for owning up. I think his response is a matter of perspective, I am a pragmatic person and to me I see his replies as simply trying to outline WHERE you guys MISSED what he ASKED about.

See, I mean no aggression, just trying to highlight the key points. anyway, you guys have fun.

22. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

I could be wrong.. have been in the past.. but I learned that if you go in somewhere asking for help on something.. the last thing you do is blast the person that's trying to help you, especially when its an honest mistake... maybe its just wisdom on my part I don't know... It actually took me reading it again to catch that he had battery indicator....

Maybe a response such as, "sorry, I've already tried that one, but I'm looking for one that indicates % on top of the stock indicator" ... see how I deflected and restated my initial question?

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....

23. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Don't mean to highjack the thread but, where did you get that wallpaper? Is it video?

24. ScorpDX

"The matrix live wallpaper" found in the market. Yes it scrolls...

CPR and edlex like this.
  25. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Thank you for the quick reply. First thing I'm getting as soon as I get my evo. Now back to refreshing sprint store online......waiting......refresh....