Battery Percentage

Last Updated:

1. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know there are multiple widgets for showing battery percentage, but is there a way of showing it in the menu bar. Just like as an overlay of the battery icon? I don't see the need for a widget AND a menu item, plus it would be helpful to see it as a percentage at all times, without the need to exit to the homescreen during calls or using apps.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. The_Hawkster

The_Hawkster Member

There's Battery Time Lite and Battery Time Pro by Motalen which has the battery percentage in the menu bar. I bought the Pro version as it was only $0.99 and worth the money.

3. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member

Yep I'm using BatteryTimer Lite, and it's excellent so far.

4. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought battery time, it seems alright but I kinda wanted the percentage overlayed ontop of the battery icon, not a separate number on the other side of the menu bar. Still, better than nothing, thanks guys!

5. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

It sometimes shows it when you start unlocking the screen.

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

2.1 fixes a bug where you could call the phone to get around the pattern lock then disable it.

However you should still be able to answer it. I can, and I have a pattern lock.

7. bakwan

bakwan New Member

i'm still searching for something that overlay the original battery display here... anyone??

been looking in another thread and i suppose MAYBE you could do that with launcher pro or folder organizer apps but i'm not sure at all,,

somebody please enlighten me T_T

8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You need to be rooted and run a custom rom with a battery percentage mod. for example, the custom rom needs to specifically offer that percentage mod.

9. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are many various battery mods available for rooted ROMs over on xda. Some really cool ones too, but you need to be rooted, and I'm guessing you aren't?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724778

10. bakwan

bakwan New Member

let me check on the link for a while....

11. jimeller

bakwan likes this.
  12. bakwan

bakwan New Member

been using that but as the above poster said, it doesnt overlayed ontop of the original battery icon but add a separate number on the other side of the status bar.

so you have to root your phone than eh... T_T still got a little bit of resistance for rooting your phone but mehh, maybe i'll do it if i find sometime

13. jimeller

Yeah afraid so. I can understand that you are sceptical about doing it for whatever reaons, but if you are interested in installing a customised ROM and mods, if you are not "tech savvy" do some research about which ROM you intend to install. xda forums is the best source for all things root.

Personally, I'm not tech savvy, but I like to learn things about the system, so I make sure I fully understand what I'm getting into.

As for rooting your phone in the first place, (and you can always revert back), try the unrevoked method. Its a one-click process. Very simple.

unrevoked

But agian, read forums before you go ahead and try. Google is your friend!