Battery Performance ?General

1. d1c1ple

d1c1ple Well-Known Member

Ok folks; have a fascinate currently (not happy) and am thinking of raising caine and see if I can trade in for a TB. Curious how folks are faring w/ battery life. I got to tinker w/ a co-workers briefly today who traded D2 for the TB. Seemed very performant; and speeds were very fast w/ xtremelabs speedtest.

Advertisement
  2. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Well, I've ran the battery down half-way 2 times already. I HAVE been playing with it a lot though! Heck, I've been WAITING on this thing long enough. I can't believe I'm actually HOLDING MY OWN TB right now! Seemed like a mythical Unicorn for so long...
  3. HTCTundaBow

HTCTundaBow Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Same here. Ive used the start up battery plus a quarter more today. And ive used it a shitload today...
  4. MongolStomp

MongolStomp Well-Known Member

I feel like accurate battery reporting won't be reliable til next week when we all are back to our normal usage. At the moment I'm sure most of us are super stoked to have it finally that we can't put it down Haha
  5. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I had the fascinate as well. Bottom line...This phone sucks down the juice faster. We don't really know how much yet...we need a few days and a few power cycles before we can paint an accurate picture.

With moderate use I went from 100% to 5% in 7 hours (1 hour of streaming pandora, one 13 minute phone call, light texting, web surfing, emailing, and general "set up" of the homescreens, downloading apps, etc). That's not very good...but more to come in the next few days from numerous people around here ;)
  6. LoBatt

LoBatt Well-Known Member

The auto brightness setting keeps the display too bright in my opinion. I've been turning it down manually. Hope there's a tweak for this somewhere as this huge display cranked way up has got to be a huge power drain.
  7. d1c1ple

d1c1ple Well-Known Member

thx all; i'll stay tuned... but still gonna go by the vzw store today and raise some caine!! VZW trade in value for Fascinate is $132 and I see they are selling refurbs for much less $40 so I may dump it for TB if I can swing it just to be rid of the fascinate and the issues
  8. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

eBay value for the Fascinate is about $230-$250 if in near mint condition...just sayin' ;)
  9. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

I downloaded a Widget from the market called Brightness Level. Helped a ton to turn down the screen brightness to a level that's readable but not over lit. Made a big difference on both my Incredible and the T-Bolt. I still have 80% and it's been off the charger for 4 1/2 hours. Not in a 4g area and only 1 to 2 bars of 3g here in my building at work.