Battery PerformanceSupport

Last Updated:

1. carrtim1

carrtim1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi ya

My battery on my X10 struggles to last a day between charges. I've turned everything off that I can find to try and improve battery life but haven't noticed any improvement

Is this normal for this handset?

Advertisement
  2. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

I just got 37 hours battery life out of my third charge thats with web browsing and texting and updates to facebook etc and installing apps and taking photos and a few calls.

Thats all thanks to turning 3G off and only turning on wifi when i needed it.
    Oh and i've put the screen brightness to 50% because thats bright enough for me.

3. BagPuss

BagPuss New Member

Mines the same, can just make it last a day before having to charge it overnight.
    No wifi, no bluetooth on either and thats with minimal use.

Love the phone just a little disappointed at the battery life.

4. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

Try turning 3G off Completely and only using Wifi when you need it also put the screen brightness half way up and put status updates for every 3 hours.

5. andrec54

andrec54 New Member

the apps JuiceDefender (Free) and Ultimate Juice (Payed ad-on) really work wonders on the battery life.
    It shuts down your APN connections and only starts them at specified intervals. This way you still get Gmail updates etc but the phone isn't constantly looking for updates. It's basically turning off 3G and enabling it for you. Just set it and forget it. (You can also set it to activate data while the screen is on i.e you are actively using the phone)
    Ive got up to 40 or so hrs out of it using this. (Ultimate Juice adds extra functionality to Juice Defender and I recommend it)

With these phones I think it is reasonable to charge every night but I wan't it to last all day and an evening out.

6. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member

Sorted it.

By disabling the "Background Data" option in the 'General Synchronization' menu, I reckon I've easily doubled my battery life to get a full day and evening out of it, with plenty of calls, texts and wifi. Just manually sync things as you need them.

7. carrtim1

carrtim1 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm unable to disable 3G as this is a three handset and they always stop you from doing that.

I have found the background data option, what exactly does that do?

8. ljstrawson

ljstrawson Member

were is the background data option?

9. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member

From the home screen, press the Menu key. Then choose, "settings", then "synchronization", then "Google Sync" and you'll find the tick box there.

10. puppet_master

puppet_master Well-Known Member

Guys, guys, guys.... I've posted a fix to this issue many times in other threads yet people still keep starting new battery issue topics. I'm going to start a new thread on this and ask for it to be made sticky

-pup-