Battery power with phone off

Last Updated:

1. CommanderDATA

CommanderDATA Member This Topic's Starter

I turn my droid off overnight, and the next morning it is completely dead. I turned it off with 50% battery left on it. Anyone else seeing their battery dead the next morning if they turn it off ?

Thinking I have a bad battery here. Didn't do this when I first got it. But then again..battery life has not been that great.

Advertisement
  2. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I turn my phone off at night and it is at the exact same power percentage the next morning. When I say that I turn it off I mean that I completely power off and not just put it to sleep. I was just putting it to sleep but the email notifications during the night were setting the dog off and the barking was waking me up. So it is OFF off now.

3. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

Do either of you have the Handcent Text App installed? Since installing this app my bttry has gone quick. Just wondering cuz it didn't do this before.:confused:

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I do have handcent. But I don't get a whole lot of text messages. I last charged my battery over 24 hours ago and it is still over 15%. (Note that I shut it off from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.)

5. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

I installed mine yesterday. I don't turn mine off at night but I hook it to the charger. So full charge this morning, and by 4:30 it died completely shut off. I don't get a lot of texts maybe 10 today. It did not do this when I had SMS popup installed. Thanks for your feedback I think I am gonna try deleting it and see if there is a difference.

6. CommanderDATA

CommanderDATA Member This Topic's Starter

No Handcent installed. I was getting same battery power as I turned it off the night before the next morning. Now even off (not standby) it is dead the next morning. Know what you mean about standby and the alerts. One of the reasons I turn it off besides saving battery. But it is not even doing that. Think it is time to take it in for a new battery.

7. mtroulis

mtroulis Member

I'm losing about 50% over night with phone the off. I tried it with two separate batteries. Same problem. As a workaround, I put it in Airplane mode and leave it on over night. I lose very little power that way.