Battery problem Galaxy tab 2.7.0Support

1. MrFandroid

MrFandroid Member

Hi,
    I have a Samsung galaxy tab 270 running Android 4.0.3
    No root or update.

Today my tablet's battery ran out. When I charged it, it reached 100% very fast then stopped charging. When I unplugged it, it got off after a minute. I left it for charging for a while but no real effect.

Any suggestions other than getting the battery changed?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Moved thread to Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 section where it will get better results and answers from the members here. :)
  3. MrFandroid

MrFandroid Member

Thanks metroid, ill take care next time
    Metroid Prime likes this.
  4. MrFandroid

MrFandroid Member

Never mind problem solved
  5. dragma

dragma Well-Known Member

What did you do to solve your problem, my Mom in law is having the same issue.
  6. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

Have you tried the USB trickle charge method suggested from the other forum?
  7. dragma

dragma Well-Known Member

Haven't even seen that. The Tab has been sent in for service, this will be the second time. since the op had the same problem and fixed it I was hoping he would post what he did.
  8. dragma

dragma Well-Known Member

well even with a system board replacement the Tab is still doing its same tricks. It came back fully charged, my mom in law was able to get 5 hours or so of use out of it then boom same issue.

After a charge overnight not able to get even 10 mins, the battery indicator at those times will show 8 - 12% then when we put it up to charge it will spike to 100% after a second or 2. I have left it alone for a few hours on the charger and the battery graph looks like a heartbeat monitor.

I had did a few things last night that I thought would have worked, Ran the battery fully down doing the software update (since this is a WIFI tab it did not do anything) then charge it for about 1 hour to see if KIES would see the firmware version (up to date), I noticed it was at 100% so decided to let it idol for about an hour and it seemed to be ok. Dropped to about 92%. So I shut it down and put it back on the charger.

This morning I got up and unplugged it, turned it on and now down to 32%, I plugged it back in for charging and it spikes to 100% after about 1 second.

With as much headache as we are getting out of this thing my family is starting to think not going Samsung in the future (was planning on upgrading our 3 cell phones to Samsung (2 note 2's and something for mom in law)

can anyone think of anything I may have missed. It keeping on coming back with a full charge is the thing that is puzzling also is 5 hours for normal use seeming too short?
  9. dragma

dragma Well-Known Member

Well, looks like the problem was the charging cord, Sammy is shipping a new one out, but also got one from Best Buy (Rocketfish) and we are back in business.

looking at the pins of the old cable, it looked like a few of them were shorted together.

Of course Sammy would have caught this if they would have not requested we not send in the charger. I can understand, but sheesh.

So bottom line is if you are having charging problems, look at everything, not just the tablet.
  10. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

Good to know. Thanks for following up.
  11. Bracoeque

Bracoeque New Member

I have the same issue...
    battery drains so quick less than 5 minutes from 100%.
    then recharge, gets 100% in 10 minutes..
    it happens all times...
    I bought this tab on Feb 2013.
    Now my kid is very upset... me too....
    before taking this to the dealer, any ideas would be highly appreciated.
    Bram...
  12. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

Yes, there is an idea just two comments above yours. You've read all the comments on this thread, right? You don't indicate whether you have or not.
  13. pinkdolphins0400

pinkdolphins0400 New Member

I have the same problem as bracoeque, only I have also noticed the battery is going down while charging. The only thing I have open is browser, and that is to write this. All the above comments made no sense. I emailed Samsung yesterday though. Will post reply.
  14. tburdell5150

tburdell5150 New Member

Although no expert on tabs and phones, I have rooted several over the years and understand that it's necessary to reset the battery stats once you root a device. I understand that the devices your speaking of have NOT been rooted but is it possible that somehow the battery stats have gotten corrupt, maybe from Android updates, etc.? I own two Galaxy tabs and BOTH of them have battery issues as well. I believe primarily from lack of use since I'm on my Note II phone most of the time :) Anyways, the ONLY way I can get both to charge is by hooking the USB cable to my AT&T Uverse front facing USB plug using the supplied USB cables. I guess this creates a trickle charge? Anyways, I'm able to get them to charge but then if I don't use the Tabs routinely, I then have to do the SAME CHARGE method again! I'm really confused and APPEARS this is a hardware issue with Samsung Tabs. Please correct me if I'm wrong or SOMEONE provide some additional information! Thanks
  15. Randy Shinkle

Randy Shinkle New Member

I am having the same problem where the remaining charge is 33% and within a few seconds of plugging in the charger, it jumps to 100%. Replaced battery but no change in symptoms. Replaced both the AC adapter and the cable and it seems to be taking a charge now instead of immediately jumping to 100%. Charge has been at 99% for 30 minutes and the AC adapter is warm.

Update later in the day - Able to charge for 1.5 hours and the percent charge does not jump down with usage like it did before. For this case it seems to be a problem with either the AC adapter or the cable.

Randy
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015