• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Problem.. Please help..

iandroid123

Aug 30, 2011
Hi,

I have a battery problem as stated in the topic..

My phone battery was working perfectly in the past.. I plugged into ac suplly to charge my phone for a couple of hours but it still didn't get full.. Then i connect to my pc and charged for more than 3 hours, it still didn't get full..

Until this morning, i charged again, it went up to 87%, the LED light is still on but my battery percentage staryed to drop.. I tried charging it with a Samsung charger, still the same case happening..

I need urgent help.. Please help me to solve this problem.. If the solution is free would be better cuz im broke.. But if it needs me to grab a new battery, i just have to do it rather than paying a high electrical bill..

Thank you

Hi,

I have a battery problem as stated in the topic..

My phone battery was working perfectly in the past.. I plugged into ac suplly to charge my phone for a couple of hours but it still didn't get full.. Then i connect to my pc and charged for more than 3 hours, it still didn't get full..

Until this morning, i charged again, it went up to 87%, the LED light is still on but my battery percentage staryed to drop.. I tried charging it with a Samsung charger, still the same case happening..

I need urgent help.. Please help me to solve this problem.. If the solution is free would be better cuz im broke.. But if it needs me to grab a new battery, i just have to do it rather than paying a high electrical bill..

Thank you
I just started having this issue as of this morning, something for you to check out.....

I was talking on the phone this morning while my phone was on the charger, when I got off the phone I noticed the percentage was at 69% so I set it down, went about my business and when I came back to it the percentage was at 67%. WTF? So I unplugged it from the charger, waited a second and when I plugged it back in I noticed it didn't "Click" into place, come to find out my charger port is a little loose so if it's not angled a certain way it won't recognize the charger is even plugged in. Kind of a buzz kill but at least I know about it and can be conscious of it when charging.

Check it out and see if that's what you're experiencing. I can actually wiggle the port while it's plugged in and can see the charger connect/disconnect. So it's possible you have a similar issue, meaning you thought you were charging it but it really wasn't. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: iandroid123
Upvote 0
Make sure you have also tried turning off the phone. Removing the battery.

Hopefully it isn't the port on the phone. If possible, find someone that has a phone with the same battery and test it out.

See if you can charge the phone using someone else's battery. If you can....definitely battery.

Some stores might let you do it too..like a battery or cell store...just to try it out.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your advice..

@916x10 I have no problem about that as I plugged in my phone with the charger, the battery widget indicated that it is charging and the battery widget is moving with those sort of green fluid..

@beau420 I have tried taking out my battery and letting it rest for 1minute but it seems doesn't work.. I tried taking out the battery from the phone and let it rest for about a few hours.. But I havent't get my phone charging yet.. Will charge it to see whether it works..

I will always keep you guys updated about my phone's problem and I will tell you guys how I manage to solve it..

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your advice..

@916x10 I have no problem about that as I plugged in my phone with the charger, the battery widget indicated that it is charging and the battery widget is moving with those sort of green fluid..
Hmm...I've never experienced this problem but I guess it's a possibility it could be firmware related since you never had the issue before. That rom doesn't wipe data so I'd flash it again, but don't do a full wipe, just wipe the cache partition and davlik cache. Try that and then see it it'll charge to 100%, if not it's a battery issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones