battery problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. siloth

siloth New Member This Topic's Starter

i have a tattoo for a week i have a problem: my battery need to charge everyday. i dont know what is the problem, but all wifi and mobile interenet and gps are turned off.

Advertisement
  2. dark1ro

dark1ro Well-Known Member

Hi siloth. This is not a very big issue. The battery lasts depending on the usage of the phone. If you use it alot that means that the battery will dry out shortly. Don't forget that you have a smarth phone and not a dumb phone so the battery always dry out shortly. This is the sacrifice that we have to do to have a smartphone; charge it every day. Cheers

3. cbjuss

cbjuss Member

I have the same problem The battery lifetime is 20 hours.I switched off TOTALLY everything I could and there were no calls at all in this time period.Could anybody share his experience how long the battery last in this modest use.In manual there is promised waiting time over 10 times more

4. ArmadaTattoo

ArmadaTattoo Well-Known Member

I had similar battery issues until I installed Juice Defender from the market. It is a great little app which turns on and off battery sapping features as per your needs.

Also ES Task Manager helps by killing running applications when you hit the widget. Essential for keeping the phone running smooth.

5. cbjuss

cbjuss Member

I made special test.I switched off wifi and data and gps and I didnt make any calls during this test.I switched the output power to low. Screen was dark 99,9% of that time.Is there anything else I have forgotten? So I got my results.That is only 5% what is promised in specs(520h)!!! How is possible to get these numbers in there? Is HTC cheeting buyers or is my phone faulty?

6. clanger9

clanger9 Member

What does
    Settings > About phone > Battery use​
    show?

Sometime a rogue app can kill the battery life...

7. DariusJ

DariusJ Member

Same problem here. The battery can make maximum 20 hours from last charge.

8. cbjuss

cbjuss Member

I gave yesterday my phone to warranty repair.They promised to check everything,But they didnt gave me any hope that something would be better Is in this forum anybody who can say that his Tattoo can last more than this 20h?

9. clanger9

clanger9 Member

Sure - mine will just about go a couple of days between charges (light use, with WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS switched on). But a thirsty or rogue app (e.g. Compass, if left running) will flatten the battery in a few hours.

Bluetooth seems to be the biggest draw (27%) so I suppose it would go longer if I switched it off...

Seems about normal for a smartphone. Anyone getting much longer?

10. cbjuss

cbjuss Member

Hi Clanger! Please tell me about the compass app,How to switch off.This one seems nowhere visible when it is on and in my phone it was probably all the time on.Is this possible via appskiller?When I get my phone back from warranty then maybe
    Im more experienced Thanks in advance

11. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

I tend to charge mine once or even twice a day.

But data is pretty much always on and it gets quite heavy use (music etc)

I can make it last about a day and half though.

A tip for those already not aware (compass user take note!). To close an app press the back arrow key. I always used the home button originally, but this can leave apps running in the background drawing battery.

- Mark

12. clanger9

clanger9 Member

Compass is just one of the (many) apps I have downloaded from the Market.

It doesn't come with the Tattoo. It just happens to guzzle battery if you accidentally leave it running...

This is why the battery usage screen is so useful (Settings > About phone > Battery use) - it tells you exactly which app is using the battery, and you can click on the app and kill it.

Also, *top tip* from brandmarked!
    It took me a while to work out that "back" and "home" have a (subtly) different effect...

13. pevans_om

pevans_om Active Member

Well I get about 24 hours out of mine. Can't be considered standby time though since I do use it throughout the day. Wifi is on most days connected to my home network and I'm sure wifi is one of the big battery consumers.

I'm giving JuiceDefender a try. Will know in a week or so whether it helps the battery life

14. cbjuss

cbjuss Member

Im not sure if I remember correctly(as I said before my phone is in warranty) but in battery use list the two first items: one of them was battery idle(?) and the second one was something to do with system(?)They both were close to 42- 44%.What is left is some 12-15% for all the other apps.This 12% of battery use made it flat in 20h? Unbelievable ... Or Im wrong once more

15. clanger9

clanger9 Member

Sounds like you could be right in returning the phone.

If there was nothing obvious using the battery, then surely you should get much more battery life?

My battery usage meter looks like this today:
    Bluetooth 28%
    Cell standby 28%
    Phone idle 28%
    Wi-Fi 13%
    Android System 3%

After 7.5 hours, the battery meter is 80%, suggesting 2 days is probably the limit for my usage pattern. In my experience, this is about right.

[NB: I have 3Gmobile data switched *off* as I only use it when I need to and there is no nearby WiFi point. For those on an inclusive data tariff, how much does background synchronisation/weather updates/etc kill battery life when using 3G?]

16. cbjuss

cbjuss Member

Thanks!
    These two first items are for shure these

cell standby 44%
    phone idle 42%

Now I have only to wait when they return my phone and what they have to say.Buying such phone is like gambling

17. pevans_om

pevans_om Active Member

3G uses a lot of battery (cell standby) as does wifi.

An easy way to extend your battery life is to disable 3g data or change your network mode to GSM only. My experience with other phones is that this helps battery life a LOT.

JuiceDefender claims to increase battery life by mainly disabling the continuous data transfers and rather scheduling data transfers. So your data is switched on every 15 minutes (or whatever is scheduled) and allowed to work for 1 minute and then disabled again.

It seems to increase battery life quite a bit, but doesn't suite me as I tend to use GTalk a lot and that needs to remain connected all the time.

18. cbjuss

cbjuss Member

Now I have some results to show :

1.I got back my phone from repair and they said that phone is O.K
    2.After beeing in repair fully loaded battery takes 130h with modest(ca 45min) voice calls only(without any data)
    3. Im not able to find out which settings they have changed and thats sad

19. tehnokraat

tehnokraat New Member

When I got the phone, I had to charge it daily and I must say, I was really disappointed. Now I have owned the phone for 2 weeks. Last time I used it 3 days without recharging. This time I charged it about 40h ago and the battery status is still 90% full. So I suspect, it might last 4 days this time.

What has changed?

1) In the beginning I was discovering its features, so it was under heavy use. Now I mostly use it for phone calls (3-5 calls a day) and SMS's (3-5 SMS's a day), occasionally make a photo, check battery status etc.

2) In the beginning wifi, bluetooth, 3g, background data and gps were on, display was max brightness. A week ago I disabled wifi, gps, 3g and background data. Battery use is now: 33% cell standby, 33% bluetooth, 33% phone idle.

3) In the beginning, I connected the USB cable to exchange data. Sometimes I did not fully charge the phone. Now I only connect the cable when the battery is absolutely empty and disconnect it when battery is full.

4) Now I use back-key instead of home-key