Battery Problems - Interesting TestGeneral

Do you have battery issues? Does your plugged-in phone turn off when battery removed?

1. I think I have battery issues, and my phone turns off!

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I think I have battery issues, but my phone stayed on.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I am happy with my battery, and my phone stays on.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. I am happy with my battery, but my phone turns off.

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. I don't understand this poll, or I am not removing my battery.

4 vote(s)
    26.7%

Last Updated:

1. RoboCuz

RoboCuz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have been one of those people that have not been terribly impressed with the battery life of this phone. I love it in all ways but it does seem to be draining juice faster than I would expect. I was trying to troubleshoot this with a customer rep, and we found out something interesting. If I plug my phone in, and take out the battery, my phone turns off. The tech support had test phones, and for him, they did not. So we believe this simple test has identified that I have a faulty phone.

So this poll is to determine if anyone else finds this to be true. So this poll aims to figure out if two things are related. Do you think that your phone has good battery life, or would you classify yourself as someone that has battery issues? Secondly, if you plug in your phone, and then pry out the battery, does your phone stay on, or turn off?

Advertisement
  2. vide infra

vide infra Well-Known Member

coming from an iphone 3gs to this i would say the battery is a tad bit worse. but with a faster processor, higher res screen (i think) and apps that aren't locked down by apples standards your going to run into some battery drainage. It's not the best but i'm dealing with it until some official extended batteries come out

3. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

i can get trough a whole day and have about 20% left. im happy. and shouldnt the phone tun off if the batt is taken out? i dont think i have ever had a phone that stayed on w/o a batt. have you tried both usb and wall?

4. RoboCuz

RoboCuz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried it with two different wall charges, the one that came with the phone and a griffin, as well as with the usb cable into my computer. And I don't know if it should turn off or not. The tech rep had a couple of test phones that did not turn off, so that implies that some don't. And mine did turn off, and I have issues...so are they related? That's what this poll is trying to figure out.