Battery problems

Last Updated:

1. moon_man157

moon_man157 New Member

Okay, I'm having some problems. I am new to android and I've only had my Samsung galaxy proclaim for about four days. Everything seemed fine at first but now my battery seems to be dying unusually fast. As you can see in the screenshot that I linked to, the power drain seems normal at first and then drops off dramatically. Also, if you look at the indication of when the phone was awake versus when the screen was on you can see quite a difference. The phone was turned on the entire time so could someone please explain the difference between the phone being in standby mode (i.e. turned on but not in use) and the screen being on while I'm actively using the phone. I thought perhaps some apps were running in the background so I got an app killer and I have been very vigilant in killing my apps when I'm done with them. Unfortunately, the app killer doesn't seem to be making a difference. If anyone out there can help me figure this out I’d be truly grateful. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Hello moon_man and welcome to AF! :)

Are you using a task killer? Is so, then I would highly suggest uninstalling it as they do more harm than good and they drain more battery than they save. Also, are you making sure to turn off WIFI, GPS, Mobile data when not in use? It's also good to lower the brightness too. :)
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I would guess that your phone, for whatever reason, has decided it wants to switch back and forth between wifi and mobile data. If those two are fighting for dominance, then it will drain your battery very quickly. Try turning wifi off. And, get rid of the task killer.

Why You Don't Need a Task Killer.
  4. moon_man157

moon_man157 New Member

Thanks, I will see how things go with the app killer uninstalled. As far as your other suggestions go, I intentionally keep Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS turned off so unless an app is somehow turning them on without my consent I don't think that they are the problem. Either way, thank you very much for the advice. I also want to thank whoever fixed my screenshot image.:)
  5. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

if you MUST use a task killer i recommend Go Task Manager along with Go Power widget. both of them in tandem have significantly helped me and my battery. Go Power examines the phone and adjusts certain settings dynamically which allows for you to use the phone without constantly tuning the settings for brightness, mobile data and such. Go Task Manager includes a task killer but seems to do an automatic job that i have found pretty efficient and lag-free. both in tandem seem a great way to significantly help your battery. i can be using my phone as an MP3 player for 7 hours and come home with over 68% remaining. battery life has gone from a lucky 4 hours stock to a 10-18 hour life.

Both Go Task Manager and Go Power widget are free on Play Store, and do NOT require Go Launcher to work