Battery problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. renny krupinski

renny krupinski New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I've joined the forum because as much as I love the HTC Magic and all it can do, it is proving quite useless to me as after charging it fully all night with it switched off, when I finally let go the AC power and take it out, after only a few calls and a few texts...none of the fancy stuff I want to do, the battery life is down to 50% and within a few short mostly unused hours, it's down to critical. Surely this can't be right. I've already changed the battery with my supplier once, but I've got the same problem...which means it's hardly a mobile mobile phone and defeats the object. Anybody got a solution to what what the problem might be or is it just a case of plugging it in to the nearest wall socket and putting up with lousy battery life. I really hope not.
    Thanks for your time
    Renny

Advertisement
  2. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

3. Tiago Lopes

Tiago Lopes Member

Hi renny krupinski, i have a HTC Magic and the first 2 days i have the same problems with batery, but i change the situation, the only thing you can try is:

1- put the display brightness at 50%
    2- no use the tacticle feedback
    3- use sometimes 2G networks
    4- Always bluetooth of
    5- Use the Wirless only when you need
    6- No charge the phone power off
    :)

This is many things you can do, but don

4. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

What do you have running?

As noted try turning off "all the radios"
    Bluetooth
    Location (you can leave GPS on, but turn off the tower triangulation)
    3G (change to 2G)
    Wifi
    Brightness - on the G1 the screen is so bright I have mine run under 20% all the time.

That is start. Report back and we can further work on it. All the G1 owners have been dealing with this for a while.

5. nik_monkey27

nik_monkey27 New Member

Hi,
    I had a similar problem when I got my new Magic, the battery draining very quickly. It got to about 2% left and I couldn't charge it at the time so powered off. Fully charged it when I got home. And now somehow it seems to last a lot longer. I'm guessing there was some application running in the background chewing up the battery or it needed to be drained almost completely and then recharged.
    Nik.

6. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

the battery life should be increased somewhat after a few discharge/charge.

Also no overcharge.

Other activity will decrease the battery life, so choose it wisely.

7. robert349

robert349 New Member

My battery is going crazy. Some days it last forever and some days it last literally 2 hrs and its down to critical, and I am always running task killer. A few days ago I was out and my battery read 80% power. no sweat right? well i feel a vibration in my pocket 5 mins latr and its red, which means the battery is down to 5% or less. Has anyone else had this issue? Ive deinstalled all apps I absolutely do not need or use on a regular basis and im still having this issue. and my dads moto driod is doing the same thing, but his also dies and doesnt turn on after he surfs the web. the only way to get it back to life is to plug it in and then it reads fully charged.....