• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Probs on SW version 26

mcjeffreys

May 20, 2010
Has anyone else noticed the reduction in battery performance from SW version 20 to 26? When I updated form 16 to 20 the battery proformance was significantly better. I was getting at least 2 days with moderate use. Now on version 26 I am lucky to get 10 hours :mad:. I'm considering going back to version 20 or should I hold tight for the much talked about September update?

Reactions: jackx10
I have noticed a decrease, although I have also loaded 2 new widgets on the screen. I could probably still get 2 days if I used it sparingly, but it is down to around 50% by the end of the day, so I don't want to risk not charging it. It used to be around 75% after 1 day of average use...

Upvote 0
I downloaded a battery monitor widget, which looked great and did its job by displaying my battery level.... the sad thing was that it just sucked the life out of my phone. It took me a bit of fiddling cos I had also downloaded a couple of other things so it was a matter of disabling them then adding them back one at a time to see who was eating my power.

I also tried at the same time not task killing so had to blend that in to my investigations. Gave up with that experiement when I was having problems but think I will try again today now I know my battery life is back where it was.

Upvote 0
Stopped Facebook updates, now its much better. Thanks jackx10

my battery drain alone on idle, but now my battery last 3 days, turn of 3g, but if you use 3g then try to use advance task killer, and turn off data itinerancy, that suck power, and check time scape to not update alone uncheck the feature, check wich apps use autoupdate to turn off those , hope this help you more

Upvote 0
I've not task killed all day. Checked emails (hourly refresh), done some web browsing, sent some (well quite a lot) texts, made a couple of short calls, viewed timescape (facebook on hourly update too) on and off during the day and now 13 hours after unplugging I'm still at 66%. I am wondering if there is something to this letting the system do its thing. I will have a few more days of leaving well enough alone and see how it goes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones