Battery profile

Last Updated:

1. jgreen0227

jgreen0227 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Which battery profile do you guys use? I use Performance Mode.

Advertisement
  2. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

Depends on where I am and what I am doing.

Work: Battery saver mode.

School: Battery saver mode.

Everytime else: Performance mode.

3. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

2.2 will come with new battery modes. I have mine set to "night time" to save at night. There is also a custom mode you can create but I haven't messed with that much yet. This could be really useful eventually though...

4. charlesbeebe

charlesbeebe Well-Known Member

I use the night time battery saver mode. It has no affect on twitroid and any other apps that I've been using plus I've seen a nice increase in battery life since the update to froyo :) The battery profiles have no effect on CPU clock speed so you might as well use one that leaves you with a little more juice at the end of the day.

5. simollie

simollie Well-Known Member

you mean the saver mode won't affect the performance? then what does the battery profile do to save battery? Thanks.

6. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

The only thing it seems to do is adjust screen brightness and how long before your data sessions disconnects. I want my brightness on auto and always want my data on so I leave it on performance. I get pretty good battery life.

simollie likes this.
  7. simollie

Lucky you. I have it on smart mode and still barely last a day with moderate use. I don't know what's killing my battery. I have gmail, yahoo mail, and one pop3 email; twitter, facebook, buzz, gtalk, and skype on. but mostly on wifi. otherwise I do little browing (<1 hour) and a few app download. and no gps at all. Is any of these things syncing in the background a big battery sucker?

8. Toonz

Toonz Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you.. my battery SUCKS

9. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member

i used up my phone like crazy yesterday, no joke. i was on 'smart mode' and it has been +12 hrs since my last charge. i just switched it to 'saver mode' and hopefully i can get an extra 12hrs. if i get less than 'smart mode' may just be the pick for me.

i did adjust most of settings though. screen is at the lowest it can be (i think 20% or a little less idk), lock out screen at about 30 sec. no wifi, gps, etc. only for when i need them.

needless to say, i currently love my set up and get more than a day of juice.

10. simollie

In "battery saver mode" option page it says "Your phone will attempt to save as much battery as possible by managing your data connections when not connected to a charger: turn off data connections after 30 min of inactivity; do not allow data exchange over wifi while the cellular data connection is off."

Does that mean after 30 min of inactivity both the 3G and wifi will be off? So no syncing or pushing? That's not what I want. I'll give it a try anyway.

11. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

+1

Not quite sure of the value of these modes.

12. chuck6961

chuck6961 Member

smart mode hear. Never tryed any other mode. I keep chargers at home, the office and the car so im straight. I can usually dont need to charge till night time depending on the use dureing the day

13. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Guys, it's been written about everywhere. If you aren't showing all the reception bars at your office or home, you are going to eat battery much faster than someone who is. In my case, I eat noticeably more juice when I'm at work (terrible reception there) compared to when I leave the office (seems to go forever).

14. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

I've been using the "smart" mode. I think performance mode is misleading. You don't really need to run at 1ghz when your not using it. It speeds up on it's own. I've been getting good battery life and performance.

15. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member

you can always just refresh yourself. i dont have a problem with that at all, but some do. so its up to what you prefer.

16. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I am always on battery saver mode

17. charlesbeebe

charlesbeebe Well-Known Member

The processing power is untouched with the battery modes, so regardless of the setting you will still have silky smooth animations, ect. That is unless you have your X rooted with the overclock widget or something similar. The only reason I use the overclock widget is to actually underclock the processor while the screen is off. This helps the battery life substantially

Lightninrod and simollie like this.