battery pull???

Last Updated:

1. scrface

scrface Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a few questions and if anybody has had these issues. First off my browser won't let me click certain buttons after a few hours of the phone being on. Not a big deal but when I shut the phone off it won't turn back on unless I do a battery pull. This happens 2-3 times a day so can get annoying...I'm about to get a case though and don't want to keep taking it off and on and risk messing up the fit or scratching it. Does anyone know of a program that shuts the phone off like a battery pull? I had one for my blackberry and it worked great but haven't seen any apps like this mentioned on here

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

first off thats not normal operation for your buttons to stop working after X amount of time.

are you rooted? do you have any custom roms installed?

do you have LOT of apps installed?

has this always happened or did you notice it happen after a app install or removal?

just trying to sort out what the issue could be here...

3. scrface

I am rooted and have fresh newest rom. I do have a decent amount of apps but Im almost positive it was doing it before root

4. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Another question would be are you running a task killer? Sounds suspect if you are. Fresh rom's don't need task killers as they are already optimized and have removed most of the sprint apps.

5. SMC333

SMC333 Member

hold down volume buttons and power button. soft reset

Tyzing likes this.
  6. Tyzing

Tyzing Active Member

Really?

Also, I'm switching over from BB and really thrilled with the switch...but all the Android people who say "you dont have to restart Android OS" that's just not true....there are times where I'm so glitchy that I cant make a call or open a text or whatever else....restart and I'm good....we really need quick pull for android

7. Tyzing

Tyzing Active Member

it worked! Thanks for the tip on the soft reset!

8. scrface

I'll have to try that method next time that happens to see if it helps..and no not running any task killers