Battery Question

Last Updated:

1. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Just a quick question (might well have been asked but couldn't see it).

Had the phone for around 10 days now and thankfully I am starting to get more and more use out of it, especially after tweaking some settings and what not, and over the past 2 days I am closing in on getting 24 hours from one charge with what I consider fairly heavy use (well heavier than what I used my old Pixon and that needed charged daily)

The one thing that is bugging me though is this, I put the phone on charge before I go to bed, I wake up and it is around 90% (give or take a few %)

Now I realise that the phones doesn't trickle charge but when I check the drain on juiceplotter, at the same time every morning, it drains.

5am-5:30am it goes down 10% or so, with out fail. It loses the charge in around about half an hour, meaning when I get up in the morning I need to pop it back on charge for a bit to get it back up to 100%

Not a huge hassle but it is irking me somewhat now.

When I check programs running etc, there is nothing untoward on the go that isn't on during the day...

I half though the phone was not sleeping during this time but after 5:30 the drain stops and it goes back to normal...

Any ideas???

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

there is a feature (bug) where the phone stops charging once it reaches 100% and will then start to use power despite being plugged in checking email, updating weather, etc etc.

I switch apn off over night and sometimes even put it in airplane mode and its usually still only at 97-99% when i unplug it.

3. Dudditz

Hmmmm might need to try that tonight, see how it goes.

Is there any word if this will get fixed with a software update or is it more of a hardware fault?

4. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

if you put it in airplane mode why not power it off at night. It uses no battery.

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

I leave APN on, and phone uses approx 4% overnight with all syncs still going.

6. Dudditz

Hmmm looks like I will just need to recharge for a bit in the morning then.... not ideal but hey-ho.

7. tanbe174

Dudditz likes this.
  8. Dudditz

Cheers tanbe, could well be my problem. Bugger waking up at the back of stupid in the morning just to take it off charge though

9. tanbe174

No problem. You're welcome. I also got the same problem. Hope HTC will solve it asap

10. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

He was right too. I have an app called systempanel which monitors and shows historic battery, cpu, memory data.

It shows that at 04:30, the battery dropped significantly. Much faster than with heavy use..

There was no notable cpu usage at that time. It charged back to 100 and remained there until 07:30 when I unplugged it.

11. Dudditz

Juice plotter showed mine this morning drop in a straight line at 5am down to 87%, where it stayed. No recharge so had it unplug the charger and plug it in again....

So basically, it dropped instantly

Christ when I am using it heavily it doesn't drop like this...

An e-mail is about to bes sent to HTC methinks