Battery Question

Last Updated:

1. scheng12

scheng12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a problem with my last phone with the battery losing the amount of charge it could hold because of the way I charged it. What should I do with the Droid out of the box to ensure this doesn't happen?

Advertisement
  2. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Although it's not really possible because it needs to be activated/setup, the best thing to do for Lithium Ion batteries is to charge them fully before they're used. Sometimes it's recommended to charge for at least 6 hours, but since they sense when they're fully charged ... I don't think it really can even charge it past that.

It's also a good idea to let the battery drain completely before charging it again after the first charge. Don't get into a habit of this, as the link I gave you recommends it is only needed every 30 charges or so to maintain the "memory" of the battery (or at least the device's memory of it).

Your battery is going to degrade in charge life over time no matter what you do though.

3. scheng12

Thanks, also on an unrelated note, I ordered the Droid from the online store. Is it easy to activate and set up by myself from my home? Or would it be better to head to the Verizon Store so they can set it up for me

4. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

I would imagine the activation should be done automatically. Every phone I've ever ordered online has come that way.

The setup itself was simple though, in-store they handed it to me and I just went through a tutorial (if you could call it that) and it had me input my Google/Gmail user/pass to get everything synced right off...that was pretty much it.

5. eL777

eL777 Well-Known Member

If you're talking about setting up email accounts and such, I thought it was really easy and straight-foward and in fact I would recommend not having the verizon store try to set all that up for you because the guy that helped me had no idea what he was doing and ended up syncing the "email" app and "gmail" app both to my gmail account...

6. scheng12

Haha ok good. And as far as activation is concerned, I can do that straight from their website right?