Battery question?Support

Last Updated:

1. wm2485

wm2485 Member This Topic's Starter

I've been looking for a battery and external charger for the G2. But I'm having problems finding one that is really for the G2. A lot of places for instance on eBay say that they are for the G2 but they are really for the mytouch or magic. Example...

USB Battery AC Charger for HTC Google Magic G2 Sapphire - eBay (item 190415021536 end time Dec-04-10 00:36:04 PST)

Well anyway, I was wondering if any other phones use the same battery. Like say for instance I had the cliq and I couldn't find a external charger for it, however I knew that the Droid uses the same battery, so I bought a couple batteries and an external charger for the droid and it worked perfectly. Now before anyone says dont buy any batteries off eBay... Ive bought over 20 in the past two years and never had a problem with any of them... I only buy the OEM batteries and I don't care about charger. I'm only saying this because I remember the whole batteries from eBay started a bunch of crap over at crackberry a few years back.

Advertisement
  2. BBOOZE

BBOOZE Well-Known Member

I just use whatever plugs into the G2. I have so many legacy cables from other phones/devices and they all seem to work fine with the G2.

3. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

I understand that higher capacity batteries designed for the EVO and some other HTC phones can be coaxed into the G2 without too much difficulty. Read this thread for more info.