• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Question

supersize

Lurker
Oct 27, 2011
My battery status says im full. ill be on the phone or on facebook and it will suddenly die after like 10 minutes. The battery life is still in the 80's when it dies. when i go to turn it back on, it has the dead battery sign and its beeping red, and before i can even do anything, it dies again. If i connect it to a charger, then start it up, and pull it off the charger (all within a matter on 1 minute), its back to its regular status at 80% or whatever it was. i can talk or go on facebook again for about 10 mins, and it does the same thing over again. I upgraded to 2.2 and that diddnt help, i wiped my phone and memory card clean, that diddnt help. Now tonight, i rooted it, deleted my battery stats, let it die from a full charge (which only took 10 minutes again), then plugged it in, let it charge to 100% (only took like 5 minutes) and its still doing the same thing so re-calibrating the battery diddnt do nothing. Whats causing this? could it be a bad battery or is my phone shot?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones