1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Battery question

1. wyatt828292

wyatt828292 New Member

So I bought a GS4 on Friday, and the battery seemed to drain quickly. I would lose 1% of battery with the screen on and no apps open every 3-4 minutes. Does this have anything to do with the battery being new? Because I went and exchanged that one for another new one earlier today, and it seems to be doing the same thing. Help? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

The screen is usually the biggest power consumer on a smartphone.

1% per 3-4 minutes would equal 300-400 minutes screen on life, i.e. 5.0-6.7 hours screen on time. With a new battery, so not at max performance yet. TBH I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Remember also that brightness settings affect this, and AMOLED screens use less power with dark images than with white backgrounds, so there can be a lot of variation in power usage.
    wyatt828292 likes this.
  3. wyatt828292

wyatt828292 New Member

Well i run auto brightness, and my wallpaper is http://wallpapersy.com/above-the-clouds-wallpaper-download-2 <--- this. So batteries need some time to break in? when i spoke to both samsung and t mobile they said the first one was a hardware issue, so i went back and got a new one with the same settings
  4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try going into your settings and seeing what the phone says is using the battery