• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery remaining capacity.

Matthew83

Android Enthusiast
Aug 13, 2012
Southern California
I just downloaded Easy Battery Saver out of curiosity of how my battery is doing. I found that the power saving apps don't really do much for me but I wanted to see how much capacity I have left. According to this app I currently have 93% battery which gives me:

• 5.6hour talk time
  • 3.7 Web Surfing
  • 9.3 hr audio playback
  • 4.7 hr video playback
Is this normal for this phone?

The default battery usage details of the phone is also showing that my screen is using 41%, again is this normal considering I keep my brightness to half or 30% most of the time.

Screen always uses the most battery power, after that data takes the second most.

Most of these phones have lasted for a day before dying, a few seem to be getting phones where the battery is weaker.

Thank you for your input. Sometimes I think my battery is fine, while some days it seems to drain fast. Thinking about trading it in but it charges so fast that I may not bother.

Upvote 0
accidental trolling you mean (j/k)

Phone battery is like MPG for a car. You get an estimate. If you drive on high way you get better MPG if you drive in city you get lower MPG. If you put your gas pedal to the floor too often you burn way too much gas.

Same with your phone, if you don't have screen at full brightness (because what sammyz said is 100% true) and you moderately use your phone, you'll get more out of your battery. If you are going to play games at full brightness, full volume and also downloading on 4G at the background, your battery will die very fast.

As far as I can tell your battery is fine, just remember that numbers are just an estimates.

Upvote 0
accidental trolling you mean (j/k)

Phone battery is like MPG for a car. You get an estimate. If you drive on high way you get better MPG if you drive in city you get lower MPG. If you put your gas pedal to the floor too often you burn way too much gas.

Same with your phone, if you don't have screen at full brightness (because what sammyz said is 100% true) and you moderately use your phone, you'll get more out of your battery. If you are going to play games at full brightness, full volume and also downloading on 4G at the background, your battery will die very fast.

As far as I can tell your battery is fine, just remember that numbers are just an estimates.
Thank you for your input too. It is not only the battery app that makes me question my battery but from other peoples battery life. Yet those with long battery life may not be totally honest about how much they use their phone.

Upvote 0
Yes, I could have my phone sit in my pocket and never use it and it'll be weeks before it dies.

The import thing is screen on time since its the biggest battery eater.

But there's always going to be lots of variables that you can't account for when comparing 2 peoples battery life. If it gets you through the day, I'd say you're fine :)

Upvote 0
But there's always going to be lots of variables that you can't account for when comparing 2 peoples battery life. If it gets you through the day, I'd say you're fine :)

That is very true. I can get through the day with light to moderate use. If I use a lot of 4g for web browsing then I might need an extra charge. It is great that it charges so fast.

I guess I'm not fully used to smart phones since this is my very first one. I was used to going almost a week without a charge on my old Samsung Freeform II "dumb" phone. :p

Upvote 0
That is very true. I can get through the day with light to moderate use. If I use a lot of 4g for web browsing then I might need an extra charge. It is great that it charges so fast.

I guess I'm not fully used to smart phones since this is my very first one. I was used to going almost a week without a charge on my old Samsung Freeform II "dumb" phone. :p

Yeah, get used to charging it every night ;)

Reactions: Matthew83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones