• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Replacement

TexasBadger

Android Enthusiast
Dec 10, 2010
Dallas Area
I have loved everything about my N6 since I bought it almost two years ago, with one exception. The battery life has never been great and has deteriorated over time. Perhaps this is because I charge the phone mostly on a wireless pad. About a year ago, I paired the phone to a smartwatch. The battery really took a hit with always-on BT. Since then, I only get 5-6 hours on a full charge.

Last night I watched several DIY battery replacement videos. Then I found a better option, uBREAKiFIX. This is a national chain with two stores near me. They have offered to replace the battery, by appointment, in two hours for $69.99.

What are the rest of you doing about your deteriorating N6 batteries?

I know this is about as un-helpful as can be, but I've never had an issue with the battery (knock on wood). I charge my phone daily on a Qi charger, have Bluetooth on all the time and have a smartwatch (Fossil Q Founder). I took mine off the charger yesterday at 5:00 p.m. to check something and inadvertently left it off the charger all night and haven't put it back. I'm currently at 78% power with 1 day and 23 hours remaining. :eek:

I'm thinking you might have had a bad battery from day one.

That said, if the $69.99 included the battery, i'd be all over that deal when the time comes. I've watch some disassembly videos and I'd rather not try fro the same reason I never replaced the failing battery in my Moto360 (original model).

Upvote 0
156.jpg

Upvote 0
I may have solved my battery life issue without replacing my battery. I did two things. First, I uninstalled the Dallas Morning News app. This app could make my phone uncomfortably hot and drain a full charge to zero in less than two hours. Second, I toggled off Google's Ambient Display. I never really paid any attention to this feature, but it significantly shortens battery life while the phone is idle. With these changes, my battery life has ballooned to 20 hours or so.

Upvote 0
Early this week I went almost 36 hours between charges, I of course did very little with the phone, didn't use Bluetooth or any apps, I made a few phone calls that was it. Friday I let my daughter play her games on my phone (20 of the apps on my phone are kid apps) I gave it to with it being charged 100% when she gave it back it was 48% and that was after about two hours of use

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones