• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery replacement

alster

Jan 6, 2011
Over the last 2-3 months or so, my orig battery (2010) got to the point where I couldn't send/recv more than 2 or 3 txts before the phone would simply turn off (not gracefully either-- just OFF).

I just got a replacement (extended) battery BH6X popped it in and started with an 80% charge. It's finally down to about 15% now (36 hrs later; light usage).

Do I/Should I have to do anything special to get the new battery calibrated?

I have Battery Calibrate and Easy Battery Calibration apps on my phone which I was utilizing for the original battery when I began noticing problems a few months ago.

Should I use them for the new battery? Or will the system take care of itself just by running the new battery to graceful shutdown and a full recharge once?

rooted and still "frozen" on 2.3.3 (4.5.605).. (which I need to figure out a safe upgrade path to "more current" OS afterwards)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones