Battery running out fast sometimes I am not getting incoming calls

Last Updated:

1. OIZOman

OIZOman New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.
    I have my desire from the end of april. Everything was ok, battery runs about 30-50 hours depending on the load til last week monday. I start to receive a sms about missed calls and peoples tell me what then they call me operator says that phone is out of reach. Now the battery runs only a day. about 12 hours.
    I take a look into Battery use and there shows that Android system uses about 63% Is this normal???

Advertisement
  2. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

Hi there, this phone is notoriously battery hungry. Do you have all the bells and whistles running? (3G/wifi/live wallpapers etc) I found my battery life decreased significantly with some of the stock widgets loaded and syncing every hour or so (Mail/friend stream etc.). I had Defender anti virus installed and I think it contributed as well. Since uninstalling some of the widgets, and selectively using the radios, I easily get 36 hours out of my Desire provided I'm not playing games for too long.

The missed calls could be explained by what I think is poor reception for this particular phone. My Iphone 3gs was the same as my Desire, and my Nokia N95 had much better reception than both.

3. photek1000

photek1000 Well-Known Member

Too be honest the phone isn't that battery hungry once you investigate your individual problem, I have got mine from charging all the time to 40+ hours between charges and i consider myself a pretty heavy user of all functions.

Get the free app Spare Parts from the Market Place and see what is really using your battery up.