Battery saving rom and kernel combo recommendations?

Last Updated:

1. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody have recommendations for a rom and kernel combo that would give some good battery life to our battery vampire of a phone?

I'm a heavy user, and I just think the incredible can be more efficient than it currently is.

I'm running the Skyraider 2.5.2 vanilla rom and King Kernel BFS #1.

The King Kernel is great when the phone is on standby, but when I am doing some web browsing or more, it drains the battery very fast.

I've also tried the Hydra Kernel stock speed undervolt. That seemed to give moderately better battery life than the regular .32 kernel.

I don't care about overclocking, 1ghz is plenty fast for me.

I want to ask to see if there are some cool roms and kernels out there that I'm missing out on.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. RdBrd83

RdBrd83 Well-Known Member

I think you're just going to be out of luck when it comes to drain when using the phone. Only option that could make a difference would be to use SetCPU and underclock the processor.

3. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Bigger mah battery is the way to go for you.

4. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for replying.

I have the Seido 1750 as my main battery and I carry the stock 1300 battery with me as backup.

5. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

I'm running SkyRaider 2.5.2 and using the Hydra SSUV .5 kernel. I'm using SetCPU with a few profiles set up (245/384 screen off, throttling processor down as bettery levels get lower). I also run my screen at about 15% brightness unless I'm outside... It's plenty bright inside.

I'm getting 12-14 hours out of a charge, bumping once before I take it off the charger in the morning.

6. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

I use the king bfs underclocked with setcpu to 884/245. Seems to be the magic setting.