battery saving techniques, personal phone software configrationSupport

Last Updated:

1. arar31

arar31 Member

guyz,,this is my new thread about galaxy y s5360..just free to ask..and ill answer your questions..

im arar31,a galaxy y user..

Model number:GT-S5360
    Android version:2.3.5
    Baseband version:S5360XXKI9
    Kernel version: root@ubunto #39(merruk kernel)
    Build number:GINGERBREAD.XXKI9(europian firmware)

as you can not updating it to 2.3.6 version because of battery life consumption,,

i just change the kernel version so it can give me a best performance without overclocking or underclocking my scripts..

iv notice since i used 2.3.5 version my battery life gets better..after i charged 100%,it drops to 90% within 5 hourz of use(gaming,music,surfing.txting,etc)

as you can notice,,10% drops within 5hours of use!!

i dont use scripts,,just stock firmware,,
    my phone is rooted,,
    i dont install custom roms because ot also eats battery life

as you can see,,im using stock firmware with custom kernel..

in short guyz..updating to new versions is not always the best way to enhance your phone,,every advantages has its own disadvantages..

i can help you with all your problem bout galaxy y..
    but do me a favor ..(just always hit thanks)

2. Devo1982

Devo1982 Well-Known Member

My phone is rooted and supercharged now but I've heard that CPU Tuner gives additional battery longevity. Can you help configuring it?
  3. arar31

arar31 Member

if you want a longer battery life,,dont use cpu tuner,,it doesnt really helps,,
    (overclocking or underclocking your phone can affect battery life and cpu performance)

and also v6 supercharger is eating also your battery you can notice,,that script is giving you better performance right?no lag or whatever..but in one point its eating your battery life..(better performance with scripts=alot of battery consumption)
  4. Devo1982

My phone is already 2.3.6 - can it be downgraded?
  5. yes u can Downgrade it , To what version?? :) I will help you :D
  6. arar31

arar31 Member

yeah,,u can downgrade anytime..
  7. Devo1982

I was only considering downgrading to see if battery life would be any better following the comments in the posts above. :eek:
  8. arar31

arar31 Member

yeah..just free to post your feedback here,,u must have a correct files..
  9. arar31

arar31 Member

the 2.3.5 firmwares have 3 to 4 files only

the xxki6 europe firmware have no bootloader file..

the xxki9 europe firmware have no pit file,,
  10. Oh thats good to know :)
  11. krenlan

krenlan Member

hi..i hav dowloaded ex dialer and installed and nw it crashes..can u tell me hw can i get my old stock dialer ...
  12. arar31

arar31 Member

just wipe data in recovery mode..
  13. krenlan

krenlan Member

well i downloadd a zip file and den used update from sd card dere any way so dat my data can be saved..plz help
  14. Devo1982

Can you please give some advice on how I can change my kernel version?

Also can someone please give me some detailed guidelines on 'unsupercharging' my phone. I want to experiment to see if it makes the battery last longer. Also downgrading to 2.3.5

15. kenji11

kenji11 New Member

hey guys my phone doesnt have sounds whenever i used it in music player or even in apps.but when somebody txted or called it has sounds?can somebody helpme?thanks
  16. symon15

symon15 New Member

hey i root my phone then i use odin v1.85 den install gingerbread 2.3.6 then i wipe the date and partition then reboot but now i stuck on the logo screen like capital letter S . but i can go to the download mode and recovery mode . can u help me ?
  17. arar31

arar31 Member

everytym you use odin in full flashing,,you must always wipe data and cache partition,,ok?just wipe data and cache and flash again,,im sure it will boot up..
  18. arar31

arar31 Member

download,,in stock recovery mode,select apply update from sd card and choose versions willl do) after that scroll down to "backup and restore" backup and wait,,the after doing that,,reboot system now,,everytym ur phone will brick because of flashing u just have to restore data in cwm..ok?
  19. arar31

arar31 Member

all i can say is to format your phone..
  20. AcxuSean

AcxuSean New Member

Hello. Just want to ask for some advice.. Which battery saver app works best? [At least for Galaxy Y.] Specifically, which one extends battery life the most?

Thanks. :D
  21. Devo1982

Can you please tell me how I can change my kernel version?
  22. arar31

arar31 Member

just flash the kernel in odin 1.85..PDA section
  23. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

I generally use widgets to increase the battery life in my nexus.
  24. akkisurve

akkisurve New Member

25. akkisurve

akkisurve New Member

oh my god