• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Schedule?

Is there any app's out there that you can put your wifi 3g gps etc on a schedule.

Mainly to turn off like 12:00 AM to save battery, and turn back on at whatever time you set?

I know there are some that will turn your wifi and 3g (user set) off if your battery gets below a certain point (user set) but these are like $3.00. To me it seems like a rip off, since its such a simple app...

Anyways does anyone know of an app like this, if not would anyone be interested in developing it? :D Seems simple for someone who knows how to create app's.

The reason I think this would be better than the battery manager's that just shut your data wifi and gps off after your battery hits a certain % is because sometimes your battery will be just charged but you will go to sleep at night leaving your wifi/3g on and your battery will drain until it hits whatever %, then the manager will turn your data off. Meanwhile you just lost a whole lot of battery that you didnt need to.

PS, is google going to add in a battery manager, or a sleep function to wifi and 3g in 3.0? It seems like a really good idea seeing as lots of people dont like the battery life, and ive found that by turning wifi and 3g off at night i save alot of battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones