1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Battery Schedule?

Last Updated:

1. HAGGardSmurf

HAGGardSmurf New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any app's out there that you can put your wifi 3g gps etc on a schedule.

Mainly to turn off like 12:00 AM to save battery, and turn back on at whatever time you set?

I know there are some that will turn your wifi and 3g (user set) off if your battery gets below a certain point (user set) but these are like $3.00. To me it seems like a rip off, since its such a simple app...

Anyways does anyone know of an app like this, if not would anyone be interested in developing it? :D Seems simple for someone who knows how to create app's.

The reason I think this would be better than the battery manager's that just shut your data wifi and gps off after your battery hits a certain % is because sometimes your battery will be just charged but you will go to sleep at night leaving your wifi/3g on and your battery will drain until it hits whatever %, then the manager will turn your data off. Meanwhile you just lost a whole lot of battery that you didnt need to.

PS, is google going to add in a battery manager, or a sleep function to wifi and 3g in 3.0? It seems like a really good idea seeing as lots of people dont like the battery life, and ive found that by turning wifi and 3g off at night i save alot of battery.

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

I don't have it, but this sounds like the sort of thing you could do with Tasker...

3. HAGGardSmurf

HAGGardSmurf New Member This Topic's Starter

Really, no apps out there that do this simple task?

Tasker doesn't look like it'll do the job.

4. amlothi

amlothi Well-Known Member