Battery showing charging when it isntGeneral

1. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member

I have 4 batteries and they are all doing it, so its got to be my phone in someway.

It keeps showing its charging, when its not plugged in at all. It will flash its charging, show the lighting bolt in the battery in the upper right....but there is no way it can be charging....

then when I actually check the battery it says discharging, but shows a lightning bolt in the upper left. My screen saver kicks in says charging...and it will just keep bouncing like this.

Any ideas?

I do have circle battery widget, they recently updated, but I dont think that has anything to do, with the charge symbol in the upper right.

I have a stock nexus, running JB.

thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

This happens to me too. I am rooted and this has happened with all of the ROMs that I have run. It only happen after I take it off of the charger (or dock). The only way that I know to stop it is to power off and pull the battery.
  3. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I've seen people with defective or damaged USB ports report this. Either says charging when its not or is plugged in and doesn't. I think the only option is replacement unless you can figure out if there's something in the port causing a short or something like that.
  4. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I only use the USB port on rare occasions. I mainly use the dock.
  5. gsmitchell

gsmitchell New Member

Hi All! Yes, I am another victim of the screeen on / screen off to show the phone is charging when unplugged. This is driving me nuts, and after hours of research I still have no answer. I have tried different batteries, chargers, charger cables. tried slightly moving the USB connection up, the stock ROM + 2 more ( AOKP, CM 10.1 ) and had the USB port replaced (which was a waste of time and money ). I do not have the option to return the phone, as I bought it used, so any other ideas appreciated.