Battery software update...safe?

Last Updated: 2013-06-22 00:02:24
  1. cad2blender

cad2blender Active Member

I noticed that there is an update available for my phone. The update fixes the battery indicator issue that I have been having. Since I'm rooted with the stock rom is it safe for me to update?

Advertisement
  2. RyanSupertramp

RyanSupertramp Well-Known Member

Yes, unless you have a custom recovery on your phone. If for some reason it doesn't work it won't mess up your phone, it just wont install it.
  3. cad2blender

cad2blender Active Member

I have twrp2 recovery so I guess I have to somehow revert back to the original recovery?
  4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

5. los panda

los panda Well-Known Member

same topic; i remember what was stated in the root guide:

2. Update your software version
    To update your software after rooting, you will have to go through hassle of re-flashing the stock recovery and re-locking the bootloader. The phone will lose root and you
  6. russellvone

russellvone Well-Known Member

It's just a keyboard update

Completely safe
  7. russellvone

Go to /settings/about phone/software updates and then unclick the automatic checking

Attached Files:

8. los panda

won't downloading the update cause me to lose root?
  9. russellvone

Absolutely not
  10. los panda

what about step 2 of the root guide?

2. Update your software version
    To update your software after rooting, you will have to go through hassle of re-flashing the stock recovery and re-locking the bootloader. The phone will lose root and you
  11. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

just my two cents but i dont think any of the updates from htc are worth the hassle. you can use system tuner to uninstall the over the air update crap so it doesnt constantly hassle you about it.
  12. russellvone

Do not, I repeat do not do any of the software updates. Totally not worth the hassle if you like custom kernels with overclocking and added governors.
  13. russellvone

Not a lot of devs out there that that build kernels for the one v,and the ones that do only updated there radio witch is the first software update that's about 17m,( you can still use the RUU ) the second software update that's about 73m upgrades you HBOOT witch will not allow you to use the RUU if you ever get in a pickle