• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Battery] Statistics and Reports

Should we also collect "Battery Use" Information?

• Yes

Votes: 111 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters
Thanks for doing all this arich57 :) SEIDO 1750 is red text...black is OEM

Up Time: 11h 45m / 21h 18m
Awake Time: 3h 35m / 11h 39m
Unplugged Time: 11h 45m / 21h 18m
Batteries @ 14% BOTH
3G: On 75% / Off
WIFI: Off / On and off a lot
GPS: On 6m 21s / Off
Bluetooth: BOTH OFF
Always on mobile data: BOTH OFF

SYNC: When I want to... just mail 4-5 times a day
I also text quite a bit wonder why it doesn't show.

SEIDO:
Android system: 23% - 12m 31s cpu total
Cell Standby: 21% - 11h 33m 1% w/o signal
Phone Idle: 16% - 8h 46m
Maps: 14% - 3m 6s cpu total. GPS 6m 21s
Voicecalls: 11% - 34m 42s
Display: 7% - 2h 46m
RoboDefense: 5% - 1h 21m
Dialer: 3% - 48s cpu total

OEM Battery:
Android system: 29% - 11m 30s cpu total
Cell Standby: 24% - 7h 44m
Phone Idle: 13% - 5h 14m
Voice Calls: 9% - 20m 8s
Display: 9% - 2h 30m
RoboDefense: 7% - 1h 20m
Maps: 6% - 3m 30s
Wifi: 3% - 51m 11s

Hope all this helps have no idea what it all means :D I do feel like the SEIDO is giving me better life on the Inc....it really did boost my Eris battery life, but who knows I won't really know until I play with the batteries some more. I hope this OEM info is correct I had my better half write down this info!!

I think you have the seidio and OEM backwards for the top part. Your usage says everything was used for more time on the Seidio ( IE: Android 12m 31s CPU time on Seidio, and 11m 30s on OEM )

I do find it odd that you got triple the usage with one vs the other, though theres only a 15% difference in capacity. It would be awesome if you could post more on both batteries so we can try and get a better feel for things...and try to keep the exact same settings between the 2 to cut down on the variables.

PS: You can leave GPS on:) GPS does not use power unless an app actually tries asks for GPS data.

Upvote 0
There is only one report that you are quoting from, and that was not the most scientific test i have ever seen.

Keep the "lies" bullsh1t to yourself, or until these claims have been backed up by someone more reputable.

Seido doesn't have extra special LION technology over HTC. In fact, they probably use the same suppliers at one part of their chains.

Upvote 0
I think you have the seidio and OEM backwards for the top part. Your usage says everything was used for more time on the Seidio ( IE: Android 12m 31s CPU time on Seidio, and 11m 30s on OEM )

I do find it odd that you got triple the usage with one vs the other, though theres only a 15% difference in capacity. It would be awesome if you could post more on both batteries so we can try and get a better feel for things...and try to keep the exact same settings between the 2 to cut down on the variables.

PS: You can leave GPS on:) GPS does not use power unless an app actually tries asks for GPS data.

I might have....my fiancee took some of these figures down I will re-do it again starting tomorrow sorry about any mix-ups and again thx to those who are spending time getting all of this together. Thx for the tip on GPS as well.

Upvote 0
wow... mine is as follows :mad:

battery 54% left
7hrs 57 mins since unplugged
up time 10hrs 11 mins
awake time 1 hr 50mins

cell stand by 38%
phone idle 28%
android sys 20%
display 6%
voice calls 4%
maps 4%

wifi off, gps, off, always on data thing off, sync is on for 1 gmail account and weather every 3 hours i think, no live wallpaper,

and this was after hardly using the phone, i sent maybe 25 texts and was on a 10 minute call, looked at a 1 minute youtube video and googled lyrics, i know i still have half of a battery left...

but i have to say, my battery just seems to drop even if i dont do anything with the phone, i guess im just used to my iPhone 3GS that seemed to last forever, id surf the net all day / text and still have 30% or more from being used (8am-midnight/1am)

Thanks.

Your data is right on with others. Around 22 hours of battery.

Upvote 0
I think connecting to WiFi is HUGEEE and letting the phone charger for an extra hour or so after it reaches 100%

I have had my phone on my Up Time 1:09:30 Awake time 0:13:00and I'm sitting at 99% battery life... I think whenever you can be attached to WiFi DO IT , I feel like it uses practiclly no battery life. In this 1 hr I've made 3 phone calls totalling maybe 5 minutes checked email and sent 2 emails (maybe 2 minutes of use)

When I connect to WiFi I also click mobile off

Upvote 0
Seido doesn't have extra special LION technology over HTC. In fact, they probably use the same suppliers at one part of their chains.

HTC used a 1300mah capacity battery in the Incredible and a 1500 in the Eris......why wouldn't it be possible for a company to make a 1750mah battery in the same form factor?

I don't have a Seidio 1750, but it seems all of the bad words said about it all stem from ONE unscientific comparison using the wrong equipment.....the BatteryBoss review. In contrast, there are countless good reviews on websites, storefronts, and forums such as this one across the web.

Upvote 0
I've seen the same 2 or 3 people constantly spout the same anti-Seidio propaganda in this forum for weeks now. It's really annoying because they have ZERO proof for their claims. This one test they refer to was a joke if you actually read it...comparing new OEM to used Seidio...yeah, that's scientific. Meanwhile every single person who has swapped to the 1750 has claimed dramatic battery life increases. Is there anyone on this forum who has the tools to measure the claimed capacity of a Seidio battery so we can put an end to this already? I read these threads hoping to learn something and every one of them turns into the same thing.:mad:

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
If I could even manage an extra 1 hour from the Seidio it's worth it. I'm reading much longer times than that so hey 2 hrs, 3 hrs, 4-6 hours? etc it's the difference between charging it in the early evening and charging it at bedtime which I would love to do I'm all for it. I ordered the Seidio without hesitation after reading all the reports.

Upvote 0
can someone tell us if the TP2 battery definitely fits without the back cover having a gap or anything?

It DEFINITELY FITS. No alteration necessary. Just ask my friend czm2000, he's got one and he'll tell you about it. :)

I am going to post my results in a week or so after I get the OEM HTC TP2 1500 mAh Battery vs. the Seidio 1750mAh which I own and have been using for the past week in the Incredible.

See some of my posts in other threads for my uptime, usage stats and all that good stuff.

Hope that helps! :D

-Elo

Upvote 0
HTC used a 1300mah capacity battery in the Incredible and a 1500 in the Eris......why wouldn't it be possible for a company to make a 1750mah battery in the same form factor?

I don't have a Seidio 1750, but it seems all of the bad words said about it all stem from ONE unscientific comparison using the wrong equipment.....the BatteryBoss review. In contrast, there are countless good reviews on websites, storefronts, and forums such as this one across the web.

I won't waste time debating what a review said when folks are posting 1st hand experiences in this and other forums. All I know is that after 3-4 charging cycles, my (OEM 1300mah) battery would get down to about 30-40% by this time of day. This is my first day using the Seido (1750 mah) battery and with same usage as other days, battery power is at 61%.

Upvote 0
Okay just ran the test today. Here are my results.

UpTime: 5:38

AwakeTime: 3:47

UnPlugged time: 5:38

Battery %: 8%

Wifi: Off

GPS: Off

Bluetooth: Off

Always on Mobile data: Off

Sync: Google, weather

Optional: Include application use under "Battery Use"

Application 1: Android System 58%

Application 2: Cell Standby 17%

Application 3: display 17%

Application 4: phone idle 6%

Application 5: internet 2%

Upvote 0
sorry for long post, wanted to provide all the data... i didn't completely follow the procedures, but wanted to post because i noticed something dreadfully wrong with my uptime and awake time... apparently something is keeping my phone awake almost all the time... my best guess is ebuddy, but would it cause it to be awake almost all the time? anyway, here's my data after having it on for a bit over 3 days with charges in between, last charge ending at 5:30am this morning (right now at 11% at 1:29pm)... i also have some other information from juiceplotter below...

some quick background... i got the phone on 4/29... recharged it everyday, so about 7 times... it was never completely dead (always red though), but always recharged to 100%... different things running in background before, but today was mainly ebuddy, juiceplotter, astrid, handcent sms, and newsrob

UpTime: 75:37:31
AwakeTime: 54:42:18
UnPlugged time: 08:06:13
Battery %:
Wifi: Mostly Off (more explained below)
GPS: Always Off
Bluetooth: Always Off
Always on Mobile data: Always On
Sync:
Background data: checked
Auto-sync: checked
Backup Assistant: off
Facebook for HTC Sense: off
Google (email 1): on
Google (email 2): on

Battery Use:
Android System: 30%
Cell Standby: 27%
Phone Idle: 20%
Display: 9%
Camera: 8%
Handcent SMS: 2%
Internet: 2%
Wi-Fi: 2%

from juiceplotter, i will try to post a screenshot later, but installed it last night to see where my power was going (yes, i know this will cause power drain too, but i needed to see what else is a problem)... here's some text based information from the plot:

02:49am: hits 100%
05:15am: still 100% (unplugged phone)
- at this time, wi-fi is on since i'm at home
- quick check on e-mail, no important messages
- go get ready for day
05:24am: 95%!!!
- i think i did a quick check of sports scores
- turn off wi-fi
- check phone when leaving apartment:
07:02am: 87%
- wait for trolley (surf web)
- send a few texts
07:21am: 81% (catch trolley)
- surf web on trolley (no vids or sound)
07:40am: 73% (arrive at destination approx.)
- walk to class (not using phone)
- sit at class (browsed two more sites)
- send a few texts
08:00am: 69% class starts (phone not in use)
08:47am: 69% leave class (yay! no decrease)
- walk to second class
09:00am: 63% second class starts
- don't remember exactly when i did it, but i take about six photos of notes
- send a few texts in class
09:50am: 55% leave class
- break between classes
- sent only a few texts, no surfing
11:00am: 45% third class starts
- send a few texts again
11:50am: 42% class ends
- walk to trolley and wait for trolley
- send a few texts
- check out scores for baseball game
12:02am: 32% trolley arrives
- send texts
- checked scores once
12:25am: 22% arrive at destination
- walk to work
- send a few texts
12:36am: 20%
- sit at desk to check a few things
01:29pm: 11% (start on this post)
- screen on a lot to frequently check data
01:54pm: 8% (end post)

Upvote 0
I'm close to giving up on this thing. I have turned all the sync options to once a day or off in most cases. I have tried with WIFI on with it off. shit even in airline mode i only got about 18 hours till it was dead and all I used it for that whole day was a clock. Never played a game or anything else.

I am running the battery graph and will update later once it is closer to dead.

Upvote 0
Well, it fits... If a bit snuggly. The TP2 battery is about 1-2mm thicker than the DI one. The back snapped on, tightly, and I don't see any bulging. The battery seems to add a good bit of weight to the phone too, might just be me though.

When i was examining the two batteries I saw that the TP2 is a lithium-ion and the DI one is a lithium-ion polymer. I'm no battery expert so if someone can chime in on the differences between the two that would be appreciated.

I'm charging it up right now and then am going out with friends for some margaritas for Cinco de Mayo. I'll check back in as soon as i can on how well it survived the night, depends on how i survive the night...

Upvote 0
sorry for long post, wanted to provide all the data... i didn't completely follow the procedures, but wanted to post because i noticed something dreadfully wrong with my uptime and awake time... apparently something is keeping my phone awake almost all the time... my best guess is ebuddy, but would it cause it to be awake almost all the time? anyway, here's my data after having it on for a bit over 3 days with charges in between, last charge ending at 5:30am this morning (right now at 11% at 1:29pm)... i also have some other information from juiceplotter below...

some quick background... i got the phone on 4/29... recharged it everyday, so about 7 times... it was never completely dead (always red though), but always recharged to 100%... different things running in background before, but today was mainly ebuddy, juiceplotter, astrid, handcent sms, and newsrob...

Unfortunately, about the only real way to figure out which exactly is the culprit, you will probably need to uninstall ( or atleast stop them from loading/start/running ) ONE BY ONE. ( Checking process run-times or battery usage won't help, as all of the other processes see the phone is still awake, so they ALL run. The one forcing the phone to stay awake, could be using little power/process time by itself, the battery drain coming from the fact that everything is running almost all the time. )

If you kill them all, you won't learn which one it is, ( and by extension help everyone else that might have that app.) so you really need to do it the next part 1 app at a time:

Pick an app, and look through the menu inside the app for some kind of setting to not launch automatically/close it/etc.( If you can't find anything, after you turn the phone back on, just go into the running services and force shut it down. When you recheck the phone about 30 mins later, make sure it didnt start itself back up some time. )

Shut down the phone, and start it back up. Verify under running services that that app is NOT running, then let your phone sleep for about 30 mins. ( Making sure to note both up time and awake time. ) After about 30 mins, wake the phone and check the Up Time vs. Awake Time. Eventually your awake time should pretty much stop going up. ( Using the button on the top of the phone to sleep the phone, should have it go to sleep in a matter of seconds. )

Upvote 0
There is only one report that you are quoting from, and that was not the most scientific test i have ever seen.

Keep the "lies" bullsh1t to yourself, or until these claims have been backed up by someone more reputable.

Where's your proof? If you want to make a counter claim, watch your language and do your own tests with quantitative data.

Upvote 0
Well, it fits... If a bit snuggly. The TP2 battery is about 1-2mm thicker than the DI one. The back snapped on, tightly, and I don't see any bulging. The battery seems to add a good bit of weight to the phone too, might just be me though.

When i was examining the two batteries I saw that the TP2 is a lithium-ion and the DI one is a lithium-ion polymer. I'm no battery expert so if someone can chime in on the differences between the two that would be appreciated.

I'm charging it up right now and then am going out with friends for some margaritas for Cinco de Mayo. I'll check back in as soon as i can on how well it survived the night, depends on how i survive the night...

LI Polymer is the latest tech and Apple uses it. It takes a bit longer to charge but it has much more service life than typical LION.

Upvote 0

Are they the same battery technology, exact exact same size, cell layout, and weight?

There's more than one kind of LION. Battery capacity is the easiest thing to lie about and most difficult to disclaim.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, about the only real way to figure out which exactly is the culprit, you will probably need to uninstall ( or atleast stop them from loading/start/running ) ONE BY ONE. ( Checking process run-times or battery usage won't help, as all of the other processes see the phone is still awake, so they ALL run. The one forcing the phone to stay awake, could be using little power/process time by itself, the battery drain coming from the fact that everything is running almost all the time. )

If you kill them all, you won't learn which one it is, ( and by extension help everyone else that might have that app.) so you really need to do it the next part 1 app at a time:

Pick an app, and look through the menu inside the app for some kind of setting to not launch automatically/close it/etc.( If you can't find anything, after you turn the phone back on, just go into the running services and force shut it down. When you recheck the phone about 30 mins later, make sure it didnt start itself back up some time. )

Shut down the phone, and start it back up. Verify under running services that that app is NOT running, then let your phone sleep for about 30 mins. ( Making sure to note both up time and awake time. ) After about 30 mins, wake the phone and check the Up Time vs. Awake Time. Eventually your awake time should pretty much stop going up. ( Using the button on the top of the phone to sleep the phone, should have it go to sleep in a matter of seconds. )

that's my next step... i was hoping to find something with juiceplotter, but no go... btw, my phone just died so 8% to dead lasted about an hour with NO use (i didnt use it at all other than pressing 'power on' to see if it's dead about 5 times).

on another note, one thing that i've been concerned with is how hot the phone runs... i can understand making an hour long call that it gets warm, but it's getting warm after 10-15 min of web-surfing... there's data on temp on juiceplotter, but phone dead now so i'll post later...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones