• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery stats

Personally I'd go with the lower number. It's safer and recharging a TP that's completely discharged can be a wee bit more challenging.

In terms of a larger battery, the battery is built in so unless you want to attempt surgery on your TP, your options are somewhat limited. Personally I just place my TP on it's Touchstone when the battery drops below 50%. It's easier and I'm lazy...

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0
Thansk, I'll look into getting a Touchstone. I'm also thinking about getting an external battery pack and charger like this.

Get the Touchstone.

I got one for each of my Touchpads (32G & 16G) and have only had them connected to USB a few times for messing with some files.

It's just so convenient to park it on the Touchstone whenever you're not using it and having it be at 100% all of the time. I have a leather case for my 32G TP and it charges right through it with no trouble at all.

Do be aware that unless you can find a used one you're not going to get any deals. They can be found, but I gave up trying to nickel and dime on them and ended up paying between $40 and $60 shipped. I suspect the people who have them realize there is a slight demand for them even though TPs have essentially disappeared...

Dan

Upvote 0
Is this the Touchstone you're talking about?

Also, can anyone recommend a screen protector?

Yes. And that's a better price than I could find a month ago, so I would jump on it.

I have mixed emotions about screen protectors.

I have been a big advocate of ZAGG brand shields, having discovered them when they were just a local concern. Really good stuff, great warranty, very easy people to work with.

That being said, the quality of the glass is such these days that I can't imagine (short of physical abuse) having issues with my screen. However, my 16G TP got a scratch on the screen within the first couple of days, the only reason I can think of is a piece of sand or grit got on it and rubbed into the screen by the cover.

When I got my 32G, I was all ready to get a ZAGG screen protector for it, but I didn't like what it did to the screen, both visually and from a tactile standpoint.

At this point I have no screen protector on either, and I'm just careful about wiping them off before I close the covers. To date I have yet to get (any more) scratches.

Dan

Upvote 0
WebOS says battery stat is 82%. CM9 says its 78%. Which one would be more accurate?

Also, any tips for better battery life? Mine drains about 15 to 20 percent an hour with the display down to around 10 to 20%. Are there bigger batteries available for the TP?

i have a feeling the CM team are using one algarithm from Android and WebOS is using an HP battery algarithm. +/- 3% doesnt matter to much with a battery this size.

As for battery drain, I do the same as you and notice similar results. Also, get the touchstone, as others can attest, it is an awesome little product.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones