Battery/status Problem...Support

Last Updated:

1. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i had read that the froyo update helped battery life. granted i have only had the phone 3 days, i am not noticing great battery life. i have everything shut off that i should, and i have done a factory reset right after the froyo update.

any ideas? thanks gang..I LOVE my X..

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

The X only measures battery life in 10% increments.

Ostensibly this is to reduce the amount of times that the phone checks for a change in battery status, and help improve battery life. I found it annoying at first but decided that the reality was I don't need it to be a lot more granular so it doesn't bug me now.

Plus, it means that my text-based battery widget can be a 1x1 widget, whereas something as long as, say, "ninety-seven percent" wouldn't fit as well...

3. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks!

i wonder why im not getting so good batteyr life as opposed to others in there saying there battery life is great..

one thing to mention, when i first set it up (after the factory reset) i forgot and google had backed up all kinds of settings, and apps, and they installed..i uninstalled most of what i did not want, but i wonder if thats why?

4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

The battery takes some time to, "freshen," up when you first start using it. As in, longer than three days. Not only have you not used the device enough when you were on 2.1, but you probably haven't used the device enough to get a good idea of your battery life while on 2.2 either. You have to use it for a little while before getting better battery life and a better reading. I did, anyway, and apparently so did others.

Also, YRMV.