1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Battery stopped charging at 51%

1. danangdevils

danangdevils Member

Hi there,

Has anyone experienced their s4 battery not charging? I left it charging overnight and when I woke it had stopped at 51%!

I was using a kindle charger so not sure if this could affect it?

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. happyarthur79

happyarthur79 Well-Known Member

I would try charging with the genuine Samsung charger you had with your phone.
    Also make sure USB Debugging isn't selected in the Developer Options menu as this kills the charge.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Any charger should work but I'd definitely test it with the Samsung charger. Apart from anything, it is a 2A charger so it should charge pretty quickly compared to the relatively weedy Kindle charger.
  4. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

That 51% seems to correlate with the amount of free storage....

Sorry, could not help myself :)

Take out the battery, put it back in and restart. That usually helps unless there is a circuit issue with the battery or charger. A circuit failure usually means it stops working rather than a half charge.
  5. danangdevils

danangdevils Member

Hi there,

Thanks for all your replies. Looks like it was the weedy kindle charger! Plugged it into the official samsung one and BOOM, charged no problem.
  6. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

USB Debugging has been enabled on my phone for 6 mos and even longer on my previous phones. Never ever ever heard this one before.
  7. bikeral

bikeral Active Member

Probably the post of the day...lol