battery sucking apps

Last Updated:

1. razholio

razholio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

when I first got my craptivate, I was pretty impressed with battery life. I got 7.5hrs of in-n-out of service, taking pics, playing a bit and it cost 15-20% of my battery. I played for 1hr solid and it took 10%. Not bad. I then had myself a marketplace orgy and downloaded a shit-load of apps figuring I would check them all out later. Most I knew I would want eventually. I think I found a bug in photobucket this way. I noticed my phone would *idle* using 10%/hr of battery. That is horrible. I found through process of elimination it was the photobucket app, and the battery usage? not cpu, no, it was the 3G radio. It was probably attempting to login (w/o credentials as I had not config'd it yet) repeatedly. Once I uninstalled it (it would auto-start even after being killed) my battery went back to staying almost flat while idle.

so far, photobucket (at least unconfigured) is a problem app for battery usage. everything else I've tried seems ok so far.

Advertisement
  2. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

If you stay in locations with access to WiFi all the time, like I have at both my office and home, then change the WiFi settings to never sleep. That way all data will keep coming through WiFi even with the screen off and without the 3G radio getting turned on until you are out of range of the WiFi networks. Sounds counterintuitive at first, but actually helps.

3. anilkuj

anilkuj Member

try spare parts it can give u app level breakdown of battery usage