Battery suddenly drops charge by significant amount randomly?Support

1. Cutless009

Cutless009 New Member

So the other day whilst using my phone, it locked up for the very first time. Fine, whatever. Reset the phone no biggie. I was at 89% battery when it died. Upon reboot I found that I only had 54% charge. Really? In the time it took to reboot the phone? Wierd... Until now I just wrote it off as a fluke as it never happened again.

But it just did. Lockup/crash, phone reset, charge goes from 51% to 32% in the time it takes to reboot the phone.

What the hell?

First crash:
    Midnight Rom 2.2
    Zedomax Kernel

Second Crash:
    Midnight Rom 2.2
    w/e kernel comes with the midnight rom (I can't seem to find the name at the moment, but it isn't zedomax).

Stock clock speeds.

Advertisement
    :
  2. solid_s_1117

solid_s_1117 Well-Known Member

This is a known issue with Samsung phones not accurately determining the phone's actual battery charge. Happens to me from time to time on a variety of roms, and as far as I know there is no real solution. Regardless, I would try using the app Battery Calibration from the market.
  3. Samsmalls

Samsmalls Well-Known Member

+1 its a Samsung thing! I hate this glitch, your not alone. Its truly a good thing this phone doesn't freeze up frequently. I've noticed its an avg. Of a 20% batt. Loss, only rebooting the phone when needed, I usually hold down the power for about 10 secs. This brings up an auto reboot that doesn't seem as severe as battery pulls & power offs.
    jazzboyrules likes this.
  4. oh no Beast

oh no Beast Member

Mine did that too until I calibrated my battery. Only little problem now is when fully charged I will take it off the charger and it drops to 97% in seconds is this normal?