Battery suggestions for ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dont know if its that I didnt "train" my battery when I first got my phone or if it because of Leak v3 or what but I cant make it more than a few hours it seems unless I dont touch my phone.

I have to carry a charger with me at all times and it just seems ridiculous to me. So, if anyone has a suggestion on which battery is the best and maybe a link to where to get one I would appreciate any tips or info you could give me.

Thanks.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Ra21V12eN

Ra21V12eN Active Member

My guess is that you have a pile of apps running that are killing your battery usage.

I've had my Eris and prior to getting the 2.1 update, it would last about 2 days... call it 40 hours of total up time.

Since 2.1, it barely lasted 18 so I tried an experiment. I found that my Eris wasn't closing apps properly. So yesterday, I made sure that I had a full charge in the AM, and around noon and then again around 10:00 pm, I ended tasks on apps that weren't closed out properly. Woke up this AM to about 1/2 battery and am hoping that it goes for the rest of the day or until the drive home when I can charge it again.

This will now become part of my routine until HTC can fix the closing of applications.

Ra21V12eN
    Another toy that helped destroy
    The elder race of man
    Forget about your silly whim
    It doesn't fit the Plan!

3. mountaineerndixie

I think there is more to it because I am very good about keeping all apps killed when not in use. I honestly think I "overcharged" the phone when I first got it.

Either way, I have ordered a new replacement battery and if that is the issue I am going to look into one of the premium batteries available.

Thanks for your input!

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

4. lightsout

lightsout Well-Known Member

Since 2.1 I can hardly make it through the day and I don't use my phone much at work. Sucks hope something can be done. Did 2.1 do more bad then good?? sheesh.

5. mountaineerndixie

I was hoping, at first, to get the ota since I was on leak v3 but after hearing all of the problems people are having I think the leakers may have dodged a bullet.

The battery issues are just one area that seems to have been ruined with the ota for folks. I feel bad for those that waited patiently and didn't give in to the leaks, just to end up with problems, problems, problems.

I would undoubtedly march right back to Verizon and demand a new handset if it were me. Good luck to all of you.

6. lightsout

lightsout Well-Known Member

But what does a new handset give you? You mean to go back to 1.5? Or do some phones work good with 2.1? I like the new things 2.1 added but at what cost.

7. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Your battery is most likely just bad or something else is going on. It shouldn't have anything to do with how you treat your battery. I never treat my batteries "nice". I don't charge them properly when I first get them, I don't discharge them properly, I never EVER worry about how or when I charge my battery or anything like that and mine is just fine.

I've never worried about the batteries in any of my previous phones and I've only had one problem from a battery than wouldn't last long, but that was after I'd had the phone for 2 years.

8. no-idea

no-idea Well-Known Member

ya.. i feel like a d-bag. how do i go back to 1.5?