General Battery switched into awesome mode?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GuitarG20, Nov 9, 2012.

1. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member
    Contributor

Jun 23, 2012
    Male
    Texas
    So I finally switched back to apex launcher after resetting the phone a few weeks ago...

Battery life is straight up ridiculously better. I think it's twice as good, if not better, than it was using senses launcher. And faster, and so much smoother.

Has anyone else had this experience switching to a not sense launcher? I'm curious.

Advertisement
  2. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    ...who ?
    Bucharest
    I just know from my exp with custom mods/apps/ROMs that all that is sense right now is eating up a LOT of ram/battery !

3. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Male
    IT Guy
    UK
    How long are you getting from your battery now your not using Sense?

Mine is stock and I cannot seem to get more than 24 hours...

I text alot and browse the net thats about it...

Cheers

4. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member
    Contributor

Jun 23, 2012
    Male
    Texas
    I text a TON (I think we've discussed this?) and play music a few hours a day and mine lasts maybe 15 hours on a charge...

still running the stock ROM, just with apex launcher running (and sense probably in the background) and I have the LTE version so that's probably another hit to battery life.

EDIT: used to be about 10, I ran it from when i woke up and it's been 16 hours and still has about 30% left

5. Wattsy

Wattsy Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    South Wales UK
    I use Apex too and when I switched to it I can't say that I noticed an improvement in battery use, however once I started using Apex I just found myself playing with my phone a lot more so that could be why.

Even so my battery does last a day with what i'd call moderate useage. Calls,texts,internet etc.

6. rdaugh31

rdaugh31 New Member

Sep 12, 2012
    I switched to Apex Launcher last night and compared to how long my battery normally last I would say it last at least twice as long now it's been about twenty hours since last charge and I still have about 75% battery and I haven't been on my phone no more or less than I normally am .

Tags: