• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery taking longer to charge after update?

amit84

May 29, 2010
I woke up this morning with about 45% battery after 2.5 days on standby and i installed the updated while charging the phone. after the update succesfully installed it started charging again at 49% and its taking a lot longer to charge..

im guessing this maybe a good thing..

before this i got 3-4 days without charging (many emails on phone, texts, a few calls) and i had gps off and htc sense for facebook off, now im going to see how long it lasts with those two things on, since this update addressed the issue with facebook for htc sense.

I woke up this morning with about 45% battery after 2.5 days on standby and i installed the updated while charging the phone. after the update succesfully installed it started charging again at 49% and its taking a lot longer to charge..

im guessing this maybe a good thing..

before this i got 3-4 days without charging (many emails on phone, texts, a few calls) and i had gps off and htc sense for facebook off, now im going to see how long it lasts with those two things on, since this update addressed the issue with facebook for htc sense.

lost 6% in 22 minutes with everything disabled no phone calls, no web pages, only 2 text messages... hasn't changed anything for me

Upvote 0
not real heavy usage... about 10-15 emails a day, bunch of texts, i check my facebook stuff a but, i used the cam to take about 4-5 pics, and a couple phone calls

honestly ill take that lol.....mine wouldnt last a day if i made those......it will be dead by the evening....:(.....but back to the topic,i didnt notice that it takes a longtijme to charge but what i did notice is that it stays at full alot longer for me after a charge.....which is a good thing:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones